- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers to create content for sciences, maths, ICT or entrepreneurship/business studies course who commits for at least three hours per week for three months. You will develop course material for secondary school drop-outs. You may not have experience in teaching but desire to share your knowledge and expertise. Sentence about why X is important. Choose among:
- Physics describes the law that rules our world. By mastering physics, students become builders and improve the world around them.
- Mathematics is at the core of science and innovation. With mathematics, students understand how a complex problem can be modelized, put in equations, and resolved.
- With ICT, students bridge the digital gap, but more than that, they become change leaders. We aim to create vocational trainings and careers in ICT. We currently focus on teaching programming and providing skills to develop applications and solve real-world problems.
- You will collaborate closely with educational planning and other team members to develop a curriculum using international standards such as IGCSE, A/AS-Level and IBO.
- You will plan and develop original content for courses, such as written lessons, slides and video lectures.
- You will design and draft original materials to assess student progression, especially quizzes, assignments.
- You will review developed material from other team members to ensure consistency and quality.
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and enjoy doing projects for the challenge, not for any external rewards. You understand the value of volunteering and making an impact, keep to deadlines and are ready to attend online meetings.
- You have a relevant degree in science, math or IT . Preferably you have experience in creating online content.
- You are passionate about education: You know the importance of education and how it can impact someone's life.
- You are an excellent communicator in verbal and written English: you know how to captivate, relate and adapt to your audience. You are comfortable explaining complex concepts to a non-knowledgeable audience.
- You are comfortable using Google Suite (Google docs, Google slides, and Google sheets) and willing to learn how to use our online platform.
- You are able to work independently, but you are also comfortable asking questions and saying, "I don’t know."
- You are a team player: You know how to communicate effectively about your progress and understand that we need the help of everyone to succeed.
Our values represent who we are and how we act. You will enjoy working with us if the following statements describe you:
- You value others and have the desire to have a positive impact on the world.
- You know that you don’t know everything and are willing to learn, experiment, and view feedback as an opportunity to improve yourself.
- You are committed, consistent and don’t give up when things become more challenging.
- You don’t take shortcuts. You have high integrity and aspire to do things the right way.
- You are proactive and ready to work in a flat hierarchical structure.
- You strive for excellence and have high attention to detail.
The processDid you recognize yourself in our description? We will be glad to learn more about you. Our hiring process involves just two stages:
- Application form (https://empowermefirst.freshteam.com/jobs)
- Formal interview
After applying through the application form, you will hear from us within two weeks.
Our organization is based on volunteering. While we don’t offer compensation, we aim to provide the experience of a lifetime. We offer:
- Remote working: You can contribute from your home. Our members are located all over the world.
- Flexible hours: We are not interested in the number of hours you work but the results you deliver. We assign tasks weekly or bi-weekly. As soon as you can complete them on time, we trust you.
- We commit to helping you achieve your potential and develop you into a leader within our organization.
- We offer webinars on different topics that are useful for your personal and career development. You’ll receive a certificate of completion.
- And, of course, the opportunity to be part of an organization that aims to change the world!
Räterschenstr. 1, Schlatt, Zurich 8418, CH
Mission: We educate and coach young people to develop their own learning and problem-solving strategies. To be creative and innovative. Vision: - Students are eager to learn in their lives, when they start to experiment and are keen to do their own research, we have succeeded to coach them into linking knowledge with reality. -Our education will reach school dropouts and allow them to bridge the gap between lower secondary education and university entry level, skilled work or successfully starting a business. -Our education will meet the minimum university entry requirements in the students’ country. Values: We deliver the highest standard of online education to student for free, promote social, democratic and economic development of individuals and their country. We promote equality and diversity regardless of gender, race, or religion.
empowermefirst.college is a non-profit aiming to make upper secondary school education accessible to millions of youths in emerging and developing countries. We offer a free online learning platform to overcome gaps created by inequality. Students learn at their own pace, using their mobile phones everywhere, at any time. They receive regular coaching with quizzes, semester assignments and from their tutors. Our focus is on STEM, entrepreneurship and ICT vocational training. Students also receive health, environmental sustainability and life skills education.
Since our creation in 2021, we have launched our program in two different countries, Uganda and Zimbabwe, by providing English and ICT courses. From September 2022 we will offer maths, sciences, entrepreneurship and life skills to a number of students in Zimbabwe. But this is just the beginning, and we won’t rest until our vision is fulfilled. We are expanding our country's presence and the courses we offer.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 21, 2022
- Math / Science Instruction
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- At least 3 hours per week for at least 6 months, or 10+ hours a week for 3 months.
- BA/MA/PhD in science, maths, IT or economics/business studies. Preferably experience in creating online teaching materials.