1 person is interested
Support group volunteers needed for in-prison & community groups
ORGANIZATION: Peaceprints of WNY
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
We are looking for individuals with a passion for social justice and reentry who would like to participate in or lead our in-prison visitation support groups & community support groups. We have heard wonderful feedback from past participants/leaders telling us that the experience was memorable, meaningful, and worthwhile. It is a requirement of this role that all clients are treated with the respect and dignity that they deserve.
We have the training, the schedule, and all the things you need ready for you!
All you need is a heart that wants to bring changes to our community by rebuilding lives.
Role of support group leader:
- Facilitating access to & sharing of information with group members.
- Facilitate group meetings.
- Being aware of the needs of the group.
- Be a positive role model for others.
- Availability of time to commit to the group.
- Being accepting, empathic and supportive to others.
- Familiar with supportive listening techniques and use them while facilitating.
Because of the uniqueness of our programs, 6 months is the minimum commitment time. If interested,
In-prison groups locations:
Collin Correctional Facility
Middle Rd, Collins, NY 14034
Gowanda Correctional Facility
S Rd, Gowanda, NY 14070
Groveland Correctional Facility
7000 Sonya Rd, Sonyea, NY 14556
Albion Correctional Facility
3595 State School Road; Albion, New York
Orleans Correctional Facility
3531 Gaines Basin Rd, Albion, NY 14411
Attica Correctional Facility
639 Exchange Street Rd, Attica, NY 14011
Wyoming Correctional Facility
3203 Dunbar Rd, Attica, NY 14011
Community groups locations:
660 Smith St, Buffalo NY 14210
Wednesday: 6-8:30 pm
Church of the Ascension
1340 Lake Ave, Rochester NY 14613
Tuesday: 6:30-8:30 pm
Peaceprints of WNY is a 501c3 non-profit organization offering comprehensive reentry services to men and women involved in the criminal justice system. Our Reentry and Housing Programs are designed to offer provisions and guidance along each step of an individual’s transformation.
Strengthening Communities by Rebuilding Lives
A just society in which all have equitable opportunity to live productive lives
OUR CORE VALUES
Compassion | Active desire to strengthen and empower individuals and their families
Courage | Ability and willingness to do the right thing in all we do
Commitment | A promise to promote peace and non-violence wherever we go
Community | Foster a sense of unity through shared respect for honesty, integrity and fairness.
About Peaceprints of WNY
660 Smith Street, Buffalo, NY 14210, US
Strengthening communities by rebuilding lives.
As a nationally recognized leader in reentry services, Peaceprints of WNY is on the front line of the social justice and racial equity movement. We exist to disrupt and put an end to the cycle of incarceration that plagues our region to realize a just society in which all have equitable opportunity to live productive lives.
We offer services for individuals at every stage in the cycle of incarceration. Our programs include the following:
- Empower Youth-- a program focused on providing the tools and resources for individuals ages 14-21 to regain control of their lives.
- Project Blue-- a jail-based program providing pre- and post- release case management.
- In-prison Support Groups and Mentorship.
- Access to Housing-- we operate safe, clean, and affordable transitional and permanent supported housing to those returning from incarceration.
- Advocacy-- we fight to raise awareness of mass incarceration, its effect on communities, and hold our policy makers accountable for changing this broken and racially unjust system.
- Food Security-- our community food pantry provides healthy, nutritious food at no cost.
Our transition coordinators maintain caseloads small enough to provide intensive case management. After meeting a client's basic needs (food, clothing, shelter), clients are paired with the programs and services they need to heal. We also offer the support, resources, and tools to empower clients with the skills to rebuild their lives and relationships and give back to their community.
Multiple locations Buffalo, NY 14210
October 9, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Training sessions beforehand, and a couple of hours a month.