7 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: connection support
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Volunteer Role Description
Connection Support provides a breadth of specialist support services to a range of people facing complex life challenges. The support covers housing support, homelessness, isolation, money management, mental health and drug and alcohol abuse. Often service users have multiple issues which means our work with them is all encompassing.
Role Summary: To provide continuation of support for a defined period following closure of clients from our mental health services in Oxfordshire. This is where the client has expressed a need for ongoing support but the planned tasks with the support worker have been completed. Volunteers will provide a range of support including an agreed programme of telephone contact, support and attending appointments with clients, and other tasks relevant to that individual’s needs. This may include helping to develop and maintain social networks which for many were negatively impacted by the pandemic
Outline of Duties:
- To assist clients to meet their support needs, including:
- Supporting clients for a period of time and regularity based on mutual agreement, at times and locations that meet clients’ needs
- Providing information and assistance to clients to enable them to develop their social network and participate in the community
- To provide company and friendship, assist with shopping, go for a walk, and share activities of common interest - anything which makes life more enjoyable.
- Support to manage appointments including attendance with clients where appropriate.
- Other tasks relevant to the client’s needs as agreed with Connection Support.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Good communication skills
- Respect confidentiality
- Enthusiasm Non-judgemental approach
- and commitment to Connection Support’s values and objectives
- A DBS check will be required for the role
About connection support
Suite 16 challenge house, sherwood drive, milton keynes, buckinghamshire MK3 6DP, GB
Connection Support has a range of services providing support to people at risk of homelessness or on the edge of needing social care. We work with people made vulnerable through debt, family circumstances, mental health issues, substance misuse, care leavers, learning disability, age, and physical disabilities. We focus on individuals, to understand their unique set of circumstances, challenges and abilities. They tell us what they want to achieve, their goals and aspirations and we will work with them, providing practical and emotional support to help them to build the skills and confidence to deal with the ups and downs of life.
Volunteers play a key role in the provision of vital services to our clients.
Knowing you have helped someone is an amazing feeling, but there is so much more to gain. New friends, new skills and experience, and confidence, to name but a few!
Volunteers are an integral part of Connection Support so you can be sure your time will be valued.
Not everyone has someone to turn to in a crisis, a friend they can chat to or someone to lend a practical hand or teach them how to navigate online. Connection Support volunteers help fill those gaps and, in doing so, often make a lasting difference to another person’s life.
We have many different services to help a wide range of clients and just a few of our statistics for the last 3 years - 99% of clients were supported in avoiding eviction, 99% of referrals were assessed within 3 years, 21 million has been saved in public funds by keeping these clients off the streets.
If you would like to make a difference than connection support is waiting for you
Milton KeynesMilton Keynes, Buckinghamshire OX4 3UTUnited Kingdom
August 31, 2023
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Life Coaching
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 HOURS PER WEEK (flexible working hours)