12 people are interested
Associate Producer with Holy Culture Radio (SiriusXM)
ORGANIZATION: Holy Culture
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
If you’re looking to break into or expand your experience in radio and media, this is a great opportunity for you. Holy Culture Radio (SiriusXM Channel 154) is looking for a few production interns.
The ideal candidate will support radio shows, turning select shows into podcasts, assisting in pre-production, and post-production activities for shows that highlight Christian Hip-Hop culture and artists. The position is remote or local; the company is based in Wilmington, DE.
As a Production Intern, you will learn what it takes to put together shows by working closely with our programming and on-air staff. Start and end dates are flexible.
- Assisting the producers and on-air talent with daily tasks and special projects.
- Creating podcast versions of the radio program where applicable.
- Researching broadcast topics, providing creative input on broadcast elements, and collaborating with hosts on show content
- Scheduling guests and live interviews
- Collecting and editing sound bites (2-3/week) to be used in the live show regarding breaking news or contemporary issues
- Assisting with contesting, screening listener calls, editing audio, recording sound, and updating social media pages
- Assisting in the development of on-air promotions
- Overseeing live remote broadcasts
- Hours: 10-15/week, 2-3 days/weeks
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Must be scrappy, proactive, creative, and agile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and take the initiative.
- Interest in daily news writing for a newspaper or digital media.
- Solid news judgment and grasp of journalism best practices.
- Excellent writing skills, spelling, and grammar.
- Ability to work well with others under strict deadlines.
- Holds ethical journalism standards.
- Works as a team player
What you will gain
- College credits towards your degree.
- Opportunity to learn the business from and collaborate with a senior executive with decades of experience.
- Interact with artists and business leaders.
- Exposure to managing activities such as concept development, writing copy, and show production.
- Opportunity to work on multiple projects at the same time to improve your ability to meet deadlines.
Holy Culture is the Christian media brand of the Corelink Solution , a not-for-profit organization focused on community revitalization through learning and cultural enrichment. Holy Culture Radio operates digitally online and through mobile apps and will soon be expanding to Satellite radio.
About Holy Culture
2207 CONCORD PIKE NO 396, WILMINGTON, DE 19803, US
The Corelink Solution is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that exists to revitalize communities through programs that empower people to reach their potential. We do this through an approach of focusing on the head and the heart. Our WHY: We believe in God’s unique plan and potential for each human being, as well as the right to pursue it through systems designed and available for their success. Our PURPOSE: Revitalize communities by empowering individuals to reach their potential. Our VISION: Drive the development and adoption of programs, policies, and practices that lead to increased high school graduation and career success rates. Our MISSION: To help individuals link to their core (their unique gifts, talents, passion, and purpose) and pursue their potential.
Success On Your Own TermsThis curriculum designed to help youth develop their passion and purpose, create an informed plan, use provided tools to help them succeed, and establish accountability and ownership.
Holy Culture promotes Christian lifestyle, serves the Christian community, and provides tools, all in a manner that is relevant to those engaged in hip-hop culture. Programming includes our website which features 24x7 streaming radio (also available on our mobile APP and Alexa), videos, audio leaks, articles, devotionals, album reviews, and more.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2023
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- 10-15 hours per week