Community Volunteer Leader (CVL)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - New Jersey Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Partnering with the Executive Director (or Regional Executive), the CVL works to enhance community presence and cultivating and stewarding key relationships that expand the Red Cross mission.
This may be accomplished through one or more of the following activities:
- Participating in local community events as an extension of the Executive Director or Regional Executive.
- Building, regaining and/or enhancing the Red Cross presence in the local community by sharing information and bringing relationships and resources to the Red Cross.
- Cultivating and stewarding external relationships (elected officials, local service clubs, partners and other key stakeholders) that expand the Red Cross mission.
- Serving as an advocate, representing Red Cross volunteer needs within a specific community.
- Sharing needs for volunteers with social networks & circles of influence.
- Maintaining a general working knowledge of all Red Cross services and critical needs.
- In chapters where Red Cross collects blood, the CVL:
- Represents the Red Cross blood donation needs within a specific community.
- Shares the need for blood donations with social networks & circles of influence.
- Ensures blood drive sponsors are representative of the local community and fill specific needs identified by the region.
- Asks blood drive sponsors to meet blood drive objectives, increase the productivity of blood drives and help to recruit donors to blood drives
- Asks new sponsors to participate in the blood donation program to meet the strategic needs of the region.
About American Red Cross - New Jersey Region
209 Fairfield Rd., Fairfield, NJ 07004, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Hackettstown, NJ 07840
July 11, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training