Marketing & Communications VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: College Mentors for Kids, Inc.
College Mentors for Kids is sponsoring an AmeriCorps VISTA from for the 22-23 program year. The start date is flexible based on the applicant and will be determined based on available VMO dates through AmeriCorps. The VISTA will not be considered an employee of College Mentors for Kids, but rather a volunteer through AmeriCorps. As such, compensation and benefits are determined by AmeriCorps and are standard; they are not set by College Mentors for Kids.
- A living allowance of $1,250/month
- Optional healthcare benefits
- 10 personal days and 10 medical leave plus holidays determined by College Mentors
- Relocation assistance
- Child-care assistance
- Upon successful completion of service, your choice of an education award of $6,495 or cash stipend of $1,800
VISTAs will work a full-time schedule Monday - Friday. For more information on AmeriCorps VISTA, please visit https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorpsvista.
Marketing & Communications VISTA Position
We are seeking a creative, experienced designer and writer to serve as the Marketing & Communications VISTA. This position will implement marketing and communications strategies for primarily external audiences to ensure they are connected to and engaged with the College Mentors mission as we communicate the impact our program has on kids, college students, and communities.
Responsibilities and Projects:
- Communicate the mission and impact of College Mentors using various media such as the eNewsletter, social media, website, and development pieces
- Design branded materials for new and existing audiences, both for general marketing purposes and specific fundraising efforts
- Implement marketing strategies as directed by consultants or the board of directors to aid in organizational growth and sustainability
- Collect and document programmatic impact stories and communicate them to new and existing supporters in a compelling way
- Other opportunities and responsibilities which support the overall mentor program and organization
You would be a great fit for this role:
- You are creative and skilled at visual design.
- You have experience in marketing and communications work, especially in crafting compelling messages to engage a variety of audiences.
- You have a passion for writing and engaging digital audiences.
- You enjoy building and following a communications calendar or plan.
- You enjoy taking initiative and managing multiple projects at the same time.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6081 East 82nd StreetSuite 420Indianapolis, IN 46250
July 19, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME