Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Migrant Alliance and Partnership Network
The Migrant Alliance and Partnership Network (MAP Network) is looking for folks excited about strengthening migrant services to join our Leadership Team. We aim to strengthen and connect immigrant and refugee services in the greater Boston area by acting as a networking platform and information hub. Our Leadership Team consists of passionate volunteers with various backgrounds including research and academia, community organizing and activism, and direct service work, and we are united by a commitment to the values embodied in our mission.
Leadership Team members oversee and develop the organization’s work in a particular area such as communications and social media, community engagement and outreach, research, and resource development. This is a great opportunity to develop skills, be part of a dynamic team, and contribute to a meaningful mission.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the outward messaging and online presence of the organization including our social media presence, email campaigns, and promotion of events.
- Experience with social media management
- Experience writing and compiling newsletters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some graphic design experience (e.g., Canva) strongly preferred
- Any combination of formal training/education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform position duties
- A basic understanding of migrant communities and migration issues in the Boston area
- Collaborative working style and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivation and accountability
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and increasing the reach of the MAP Network Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages
- Writing and compiling a quarterly newsletter
- Managing, editing, and publishing posts to the MAP Network blog
- Maintaining a calendar of relevant events in the greater Boston area
- Support with community outreach and engagement as needed
- Attend monthly Leadership Team meetings at our office on the UMass Boston campus if local (meetings are held virtually for the time being)
- Mentor and supervise an intern (typically begins after the first semester)
Please note that this is a part-time and unpaid volunteer position. This is ideal for graduate students looking to gain communications experience in the nonprofit sector or established outreach and communications professionals looking to contribute to a small startup organization with a meaningful mission. As a member of the Leadership Team, you will be asked to commit to at least a six month term (ideally one year) overseeing communications. This position requires a 5-10 hr/week time commitment. Ideal candidates are Massachusetts-based professionals, but remote applicants will be considered.
We acknowledge that people from certain communities and backgrounds might be hesitant to apply to jobs and volunteer opportunities without meeting 100% of the qualifications. If you are excited about our mission and think you have something to contribute to our team, we would love to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
This position is open to remote work. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
100 William T Morrissey BoulevardHealey LibraryBoston, MA 02125
July 19, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK