DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Social Media and Public Relations Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Oddball Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Oddball Magazine (est. 1995) is known for its high-quality literary content, producing daily poetry, and art from many exciting artists and poets worldwide. Oddball Magazine also periodically publishes poetry chapbooks and produces a bi-weekly podcast known as The Oddball Show.
Oddball Magazine developed a 501(c)(3) to give back to the community, encourage people to use their voice to promote mental health advocacy through the arts, as well as advocate for environmental and social justice issues.
Here is what we are looking for:
- A big thinker with a passion for Oddball Foundation's mission to promote mental health advocacy, and other issues aligned with our values.
- Strong attention to details
- Responsible for social media posts and branding
- Pitching creative ideas and providing integral research to our publicists, creating media relationships, managing press inquiries, scheduling podcast guests, securing guests for the podcast
- Providing media with media packet, publicity packet, reaching out to media for Foundation events, networking with media agencies
- Assisting on press releases and pitches with the communications and marketing team
- Work with President of Foundation, Board, Editors for publicity purposes, secure opportunities, engagements, conferences, research media, and community events for Foundation to participate, signing up, research and handle all scheduling
- Assisting publicity and marketing teams as needed
Qualifications: * Passionate about, the Foundation's mission, knowledgeable about nonprofits, podcasts, magazine industry, music, and familiar with blogs, Boston based blogs, and capable of researching and securing media opportunities
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and organization skills
- Motivated self-starter able to prioritize, multitask and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Currently enrolled in school with communication, media, and publicity concentration, for internship credits,
- Knowledgeable, and interested in the industry with proven experience in media for a volunteer opportunity with the Foundation
- Capable of drafting up social media posts and weekly newsletters that discuss recent and upcoming events
- Comfortable with creating promotional materials that will be used on several media platforms
- Someone who can assist with the Foundation's public relations, including increasing outreach and engagement
- Ability to work independently, and attend weekly meetings to discuss the progress of certain projects
If this is you, we want to hear from you! Look forward to meeting you and discussing internship and volunteer opportunities!
About Oddball Foundation
12 Giles Ave, #1416, Mansfield, MA 02048, US
The Oddball Foundation Inc is comprised of members of Oddball Magazine, a magazine established in 1995 By Jason Wright, that prides itself on its dedication to social change, using art and the written word to fight for social justice, foster an artistic community of all people and to promote community growth. The Oddball Foundation, Inc. was founded in 2020 to strengthen Oddball Magazine’s mission to give back to the community, promote diversity and inclusion, of all, and advocate for those who identify with mental health issues. The board is composed of a community of artists, mental health, and social justice advocates. Oddball Magazine was built to embrace what makes us odd and for all communities of voices, to speak louder together and celebrate the unique voice of the artist, the advocate, and those who strive to be different.
We promote and produce a vastly diverse and fine literature magazine, host community events, writing workshops, and fundraisers dedicated to bringing the literary and advocacy communities together, to spread awareness and join the fight to end mental health stigma, and fight for social justice and to address environmental issues.
We have lived experience and living experience! We care about social justice issues and use our collective voices and experiences to amplify our message. We use multimedia and create community events as well as the art and literature medium to be change agents. We are an inclusive community and always taking on volunteers.
We are always in a state of learning when it comes to social justice, and environmental action, and always pushing to break the stigma regarding mental health afflictions.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 18, 2022
- Public Relations
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours a week. M, W, 5:00-7:00 Pm EST, Zoom Meetings Included, Required.