Volunteer Board Member
ORGANIZATION: Autism Learners
Please visit the new page to apply.
Autism Learners is a non-profit organization with a strong desire to provide academic support and resources to the special needs community. We are seeking an individual to direct our tutoring services program.
- Develop, plan and implement operational strategies needed to ensure students have consistent access to tutoring or homeschool services through Autism Learners
- Develop and implement retention strategies geared toward staff, volunteers and clients
- Evaluate and monitor service delivery to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our clients
- Develop, plan and implement marketing strategies to ensure parents, schools and teachers have knowledge of and access to our academic support services
- Develop financial strategies that will allow for effective service delivery
- Identify funding sources to support tutoring sponsorship/scholarships
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in the field of business management, education leadership, operations management, special education or an equivalent degree
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role within the field of education or special education
- 2+ years in an administrative or similar role
- Knowledge of the field of special education, assessment, instruction and curriculum
- Knowledge of structure and delivery of an after school and/or tutoring program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to support the needs of special learners
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
About Autism Learners
125 Mill St Unit 15, PO Box 930, Occoquan, VA 22125, US
Since 2016, Autism Learners has strived to provide students with special needs with resources that allow them to reach their fullest academic potential. Our mission is to provide accessible, high-quality and effective education support resources for individuals diagnosed with autism and other related disorders. Our goal is to foster independence, pride and success in academic achievement. We want to create a space where no child is left out. We believe no matter the skill level each child has the ability to learn and grow academically if given the opportunity.
Autism Learners was created by a special education teacher to provide educational resources for special learners. Each resource is created with a wide range of skill sets in mind and can be utilized as the learner grows, academically.
Our resources include printable worksheets, flashcards, adaptive functioning-focused books and more.
Our goal is to continue to add valuable resources that parents, students and educators can use to foster the growth of their special learner.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 18, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Special Needs
- 5-10 hours a week