Board Member Treasurer -The Ghostlight Theatre - Berrien County, MI
ORGANIZATION: GHOSTLIGHT PRODUCTIONS INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
The GhostLight Board Treasurer is an executive and voting member of the Board and appointed in a manner consistent with the bylaws. They are accountable to the Board for fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities below:
- Oversee the development of high level financial policies and their review by the board
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and presentation to the board for review
- Ensure that the appropriate financial statements are reviewed by the board
- Ensure that the board regularly monitors GhostLight's financial performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual results
- Ensure that tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely basis
- Ensure that payroll and other liabilities are settled in a timely manner
- Ensure that revenues and reserves are properly held and invested
- Verify that donations are handled appropriately and that grants and service delivery contracts are accounted for in accordance with the requirements of funders
- Meet with an external auditor annually to identify ay financial control and record keeping problems or deficiencies and oversee action by the Executive Director and financial officer to address them
- Assist the Executive Director and Board President with the development and presentation of the annual report
- Help keep the board informed of important financial events, trends, and issues relevant to the organization
- Commitment to the GhostLight's mission and strategic directions
- An understanding of, and experience with, good financial management and reporting practices
- An appreciation of the kind and level of financial information needed at a board level to support decision making
- Able to commit to approximately five to seven hours per month to fulfill responsibilities (board meetings, budget preparation, etc.)
About GHOSTLIGHT PRODUCTIONS INC
101 Hinkley Street, BENTON HARBOR, MI 49023, US
The GhostLight Theatre is an innovative Southwest Michigan playhouse with a diverse, creative, and socially conscious culture, embodied by engaging and passionate performers. We provide storytelling education to audiences and performers of all ages and backgrounds to enlighten, inspire, and illuminate Benton Harbor and the surrounding region.
The GhostLight Theatre is a collaboration of local performing artists, business people, arts supporters, and enthusiastic audience members. In 2018, GhostLight Productions, Inc formed, raised capital and purchased an industrial building in the Benton Harbor Arts District. Plans for creating a "black-box"-style theatre started to take shape.
The doors opened in 2019 to an exciting inaugural season packed with moving performances, community meetings, fundraisers, and talkbacks. GhostLight also hosted CircEsteem, a Chicago-based kid's summer program...that helps build self-esteem and respect through learning circus-themed arts.
The GhostLight Theatre is honored to be the 2019 recipient of the Golden Acorn Award for Arts and Innovation from the Berrien Community Foundation.
101 Hinkley StreetBenton HarborBenton Harbor, MI 49022
July 17, 2022
- Financial Planning
- Background Check
- Five to seven hours a month