1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Irvine Nature Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization that offers programs of environmental studies and natural science to children and adults of the greater Baltimore area. Our mission is to educate and inspire current and future generations to explore, respect and protect nature.
Volunteer Naturalists will assist Irvine’s Environmental Educators as they lead groups of children ranging in age from PreK-12 th grade through nature-themed field trips. Each field trip will include a hike through Irvine’s trails, in addition to varying educational activities that will be outlined in the curriculum.
- Attend a fall or spring training course, consisting of two half-days
- Assist with at least 5 field trips during first season (Fall or Spring) and then a minimum of 9 total throughout the year
- Independently supervise groups of 8-12 children on trail
- Attend seasonal update meetings as needed
- Physical demands include being able to hike up to 2 miles in varying weather conditions
- Completion of training course
- Prior experience working with children
- A strong interest in environmental conservation and natural history
- Ability to communicate knowledge of themed environmental topics in a child-friendly manner
TO APPLY: Please fill out the Volunteer Application on our website at https://www.explorenature.org/get-involved/volunteer/ before sending your resume and three references to our Volunteer Coordinator, Maggie Winkler, at WinklerM@ExploreNature.org.
About Irvine Nature Center
11201 GARRISON FOREST RD, OWINGS MILLS, MD 21117, US
We all thrive outdoors. We encourage lifelong engagement with the natural world through environmental learning and green living. At Irvine, we inspire people to explore, respect, and protect nature.
Irvine Nature Center is a private, non-profit nature center located in Owings Mills, Maryland. We have 211 acres of woodlands, wetlands, and meadows that support a diverse population of wildlife. We provide more than 800 environmental education programs annually to roughly 95,000 individuals of all ages. Our goal is to expose people to the importance of environmental literacy and show those visiting our property the importance of environmental stewardship. We aim to teach a concern for the planet that translates into actions that help preserve our ecosystem and create a healthier planet!
11201 Garrison Forest RoadOwings Mills, MD 21117
July 16, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Must have Monday-Friday availability; Able to help mornings from 9:30-12:30 (when most field trips are run); Willing to lead a minimum of 5 field trips during your first season (10-20 hours) and a total of 9 field trips throughout the year (18-36