Codman Square Climate Education & Support Coordinator VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation
Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation (CSNDC) is a community organization committed to developing affordable housing and fighting for racial and economic justice by building power of low/moderate-income communities of color in Dorchester. CSNDC’s VISTA project will support establishing an integrated one-stop center connecting the community with a range of economic and financial supports at the agency and will build capacity for the agency’s climate justice work. This initiative will benefit more than 1,000 low-income, BIPOC, residents of Dorchester’s Codman Square neighborhood. The Climate Education & Support Coordinator VISTA member will work toincrease community knowledge and uptake of energy efficiency measures, green jobs, and climate resilience solutions. The member will educate the community about how they can be engaged in making changes on these issues in ways that positively impact community and individual wellbeing.
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program where members support local organizations to make change by fighting poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full-time for a one-year term, building capacity for nonprofit and public agencies to generate private resources, encourage volunteer service, and empower individuals and communities.
The Climate Education & Support Coordinator VISTA member will:
- Recruit employer partners to develop job placement pipeline for Green Infrastructure Certification graduates.
- Develop green infrastructure career path map.
- Develop recruitment plan to engages men of color, young parents, and low/mod income people.
- Track green infrastructure certification students from graduation to employment, with ongoing, periodic follow up.
- Summarize key environmental and energy issues (e.g., legislation, policy, etc.), in plain language.
- Provide community education to increase community members’ knowledge and ability to impact climate justice issues through collective action.
- Research and identify resources in support of implementing the resident-identified environmental justice projects.
- Review and summarize key environmental justice policies and green industry reports, such as the City of Boston’s Green New Deal Plan.
Apply to join thousands of AmeriCorps VISTA members, united in the mission to lift people and communities out of poverty! AmeriCorps VISTA benefits include:
- Living Allowance: Members receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
- Health coverage: For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
- End of Service Award: Members choose a Segal Education Award (valued about $6,495) to pay for education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend.
- Professional Development Training: Members attend in-person and virtual training to learn how to be a community development change agent.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility: AmeriCorps VISTA members earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving them an edge in hiring for federal jobs.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
587 Washington StreetDorchester, MA 02124
July 16, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME