2022 Couples Opportunity - Shoulder Season San Juan Islands Washington
ORGANIZATION: National Park Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
San Juan Island National Historical Park
Seasonal Volunteer (VIP) Position Description
Volunteers are responsible for staffing the information desk at American Camp or English Camp Visitor Centers on San Juan Island in the Puget Sound North of Seattle.
Benefits to VIP:
- Personal enrichment and experience living and working in a national park setting
- Interpretive training, and practice
- Retail training and experience
- Experience in communicating with people of diverse cultures
Goal/Outcome of job:
- Provide efficient, courteous services, and helpful information to park visitors,
- Engage visitors with the goal of developing their interest and excitement for the park
Start Date - 2022-09-15
End Date - 2022-12-15
Activities include: General Assistance;Other;Tour Guide/Interpretation;Visitor Information
Hosts Housing Amenities: RV/Trailer Pads
About National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240, US
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
The U.S. National Park Service, www.nps.gov, cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. We care for more than 400 national parks and help communities preserve their historic places and open spaces.
4668 Cattle Point Rd.Friday Harbor, WA 98250
July 16, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Administrative Support
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation
- People 55+