1 person is interested
Internship: Event Planning Lead
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Western New York
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Interested in helping our Development team plan fundraising events? Take on a leadership role with us today!
Some tasks may include:
- Supervise event volunteers
- Assist with event execution, including working with event venue, caterer, coordinating auction, volunteer support and community outreach.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward Red Cross support through donated auction items, ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities.
- Prepare the event program in a timely manner, including developing scripts for event presenters.
- Coordinate all day-of logistics, including timeline, supervising event volunteers, and more.
- May chair nomination committee at a Real Heroes Breakfast. Duties may include contacting nominator and nominee for Heroes Award; gathering story and contact information; and maintaining spreadsheet to track nominations.
- May chair auction committee at a Gala. Duties may include working closely with Relationship Managers; soliciting businesses for in-kind auction donations; maintaining spreadsheet of donations; sending thank you letters; and coordinating day-of auction logistics.
About American Red Cross of Western New York
786 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14209, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
825 John StreetWest Henrietta, NY 14586
July 15, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends; 6 months to 1 year experience (renewable)
- Virtual and in-person components