38 people are interested
Charter Healthcare San Gabriel Valley Volunteering
ORGANIZATION: Charter Healthcare San Gabriel Valley
Please visit the new page to apply.
38 people are interested
Do you have a hospice heart?
We are looking for individuals who are caring, fun, kind and supportive of the hospice concept and with patients. We do in-person patient visits.
Volunteers will be specially trained to provide services to our patients and families. We work with your schedule and will match you with a patient that lives near you. We are looking for adult volunteers in Los Angeles, West Covina/ Covina, Monrovia, Chino Hills, Downey, Pico Rivera, Glendale & Pasadena. We also need volunteers that can help make blankets, memory bears for our patients. We also need volunteers who can help make calls and help around the office.
Looking for fluent language speakers in: English, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Korean
Some examples of duties are:
- providing companionship to a patent and their family
- providing respite time for the patient's caregiver
- Office support
- making memory bears & crochet blankets for hospice patients
- Bereavement phone calls
- Painting, playing music, drawing & reading near bedside care of patients
- Pet Therapy (WE NEED OWNERS WITH LICENSE PET, to provide companionship to our patients.)
- Looking for veterans who can provide companionship to our veteran patients.
- Looking for a Psychology and Sociology Major volunteer to help bereavement with phone calls.
- NEED DOWNEY AND PICO RIVERA VOLUNTEERS FOR PATIENT VISITs
Check out our website for more information: https://www.charterhcg.com/locations/san-gabriel-valley/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Charter Healthcare San Gabriel Valley
970 S. Village Oaks Dr. Ste. 106, Covina, CA 91724, US
DO YOU HAVE A HOSPICE HEART? At Charter, our team is currently seeking Hospice Volunteers. If you are willing to share some of your spare time with patients and families, then you are who we are looking for. Hospice volunteers have the opportunity to provide a variety of services: companionship, respite time, music at the bedside, and reading at the bedside, office/admin work. Also, looking for anyone who can sew and crochet to make memory bears for our bereaved family members. Looking for veterans to provide companionship to our veteran patients. Were also looking for volunteers willing to work in the office to help us out. Interested? Contact the Volunteer Coordinator: Kimberly Mendoza at Kimberlymendoza@charterhcg.com
Requirements: - Physical Exam and Tuberculosis Test - Application / Background Check, must be 18years or older
Must be active for 2-3 hours a month.
Must be able to have own transportation.
Multiple locations Covina, CA 91724
August 11, 2023
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Animal Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer 2-3 hours a month. We work with your schedule. We do training.