25 people are interested
Sparrow Hospital Gift Shop Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Sparrow Health System
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
Sparrow Gift Shop Volunteer
Position Reports to Gift Shop Manager (Volunteer) & Gift Shop Specialist (Sparrow Caregiver)
Location Sparrow Hospital Gift Shop
The Sparrow Gift Shops are retailers that exists to raise funds for their respective hospitals. The shops operate under the Sparrow Women’s Hospital Association’s nonprofit (501c3) charitable organization status.
The shop serves the patients, visitors, and associates of Sparrow by providing high-quality items and a unique shopping experience.
The ideal volunteer for the Sparrow Gift Shop has a keen eye for customer service. We seek volunteers who are comfortable approaching customers to offer a warm welcome and assistance. Also, volunteers with demonstrated computer skills are desired to complete sales transactions on the computer cash register. Accuracy in making change, counting drawers, and observing the cash handling protocols is also required.
This description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned regularly. Volunteers may be asked to perform additional responsibilities by their department.
Volunteers serve in the gift shop, greet customers as they enter, assist customers with merchandise, take phone orders for flowers and gifts, deliver items to patient rooms or patient care units, and complete sales transactions using a cash register with price tag scanning.
Volunteers may also work on the mobile gift cart. The cart includes an assortment of gift shop items. Items must be stocked before the cart is taken to the hospital floors. Volunteers must be able to push the cart, walk long distances, make correct change and observe safety protocol for hand washing.
Required Responsibilities of the Volunteer
* Demonstrates knowledge and maintains respect for patients’ right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures.
* Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and the Sparrow Volunteer Promise.
* Models behaviors that value the diversity of our patients, volunteers, caregivers, and customers and support creating an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment.
* Communicates with patients, families, and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Durations, Explanation, Thank).
* Signs in at the computer kiosk at the start and end of each shift.
* Obtains an annual flu vaccine and provides verification to Volunteer Services.
* Works safely and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities.
* Commits to at least one year of volunteer service with Sparrow.
* Arranges for a substitute in advance of a planned absence.
* Maintains proper uniform, including wearing the Sparrow ID Badge.
Physical Aspects of This Position
This position requires walking (20%), standing (80%), light lifting, reading, and communicating face to face with customers. This position also includes the use of a computerized cash register system.
The gift shop can be busy, and attention must be given to assisting customers and monitoring inventory to prevent loss. Customer service is key to the success of the shop.
- 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
2 More opportunities with Sparrow Health System
About Sparrow Health System
1215 E. Michigan, P.O. Box 30480, Lansing, MI 48909, US
The mission of Sparrow is to imporve the health of the people of Mid-Michigan by providing quality, compassionate care to everyone, every time.
Premier health care organization located in Lansing Michigan offers unique, challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
1215 East Michigan AvenueLansing, MI 48912
April 24, 2023
- Inventory Management
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 56 hours annually