1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: HSE Nonprofit
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
HSE is currently seeking 2 motivated lesson supervisors for our various tutoring programs.
As HSE’s lesson supervisor, you’ll be tasked with listening in on the lessons of newly recruited volunteer tutors and providing them with constructive feedback. You’ll be tasked with drafting a variety of written comments and reports, and you’ll be working closely with our administration to ensure that the quality of our instruction remains top-notch.
- You’ll be assigned a recording of a class to listen to.
- Since each class is 45 minutes long, you’ll listen to the beginning 5 minutes, middle 5 minutes, and last 5 minutes.
- Using a rubric that we provide, you’ll be grading the volunteers for
- if they took attendance
- the quality and effort in their class comment and vocabulary list.
- their teaching style and if they are correcting their student’s mistakes.
- how effective they are with connecting with their students.
- You’ll send the report to the HSE Assistant and they’ll pass it along to the volunteer.
- At least a high school degree;
- At least a year of experience in English teaching (formal and informal) or management roles;
- Strong written English, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Any degrees in an English or education-related field.
This is a great opportunity to help expand English education to those currently unable to access it, and make a large and meaningful impact while also gaining deep hands-on managerial and tutoring experience. Please apply if you’re at all interested, and reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
About HSE Nonprofit
No. 5 Zhujiang W Rd, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510000, CN
HSE aims to make English education accessible worldwide through the provision of free, interactive English lessons to all who desire it. Through interaction with a network of purely volunteer tutors who aim to create equitable, immersive, and approachable class environments, students can learn practical English not taught in traditional classrooms, and in doing so are empowered in more positively contributing to the wellbeing of their communities and the world as a whole.
Huishuo English (HSE) is an online volunteering and tutoring organization, based in the Tri-State Area on the East Coast. We seek to make high-quality English tutoring easily accessible to all.
HSE was founded in March 2020 by a group of high school and college students. Since then, we’ve recruited 230+ tutors worldwide and taught 350+ students across China, logging 2,500+ hours of English instruction.
HSE is happy to provide verification of volunteer hours (for community service requirements) and volunteer certificates! Volunteering experiences with HSE can also be submitted as part of activity lists for college applications and resumes for other purposes!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Must be at least 16
- Time commitment: 3 hours per week for at least 2 months
- Volunteer Requirements 1. At least a high school degree; 2. At least a year of experience in English teaching (formal and informal) or management roles; 3. Strong written English, analytical, and interpersonal skills.