Volunteer Board Member - Secretary
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Shift Happens Coaching
Secretary - Volunteer Board Member - Shift Happens Coaching
Geographical Focus of Charity: Toronto, ON
Details: Volunteer, 1-year term
The role of the board secretary is extremely important. Maintaining official records, reviewing board meeting minutes, leading official votes, confirming approval of policies and maintaining a historical timeline of organization’s actions and growth are a few of the key components of this role. The secretary is also responsible for ensuring board members govern and operate according to the organization’s bylaws and government approved organizational status. Understanding of board governance; bylaws and requirements of the CRA to maintaining and abiding by the rules for charities is a strong asset.
Shift Happens is looking for an individual to commit to a one-year term. Our board is a working board and all members are expected to be prepared to roll up their sleeves, come to meetings with ideas and contacts and to help move the organization forward.
Additional Components of the Role:
- review and attention to details in any written documents issued by Shift Happens.
- ability to grasp legalese and convert it to everyday language.
- ability to review documents such as funding criteria and pull up the items relevant to Shift Happens.
- ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly.
- some knowledge of corporate structure, including minutes and resolutions. (This can be obtained by reviewing Shift Happens corporate documents, and using existing minutes and resolutions as a template).
- familiar with (or willing to become familiar with) the requirements for maintaining charitable status.
About Shift Happens Coaching
At Shift Happens we offer contextually based and experiential group and personal programs.
We aim to ignite and support a sustainable SHIFT in the way youth perceive themselves, make choices, connect with their environment and lead their life.
This facilitates becoming happy, fulfilled, positive, confident and responsible members of society. Visit our website for more information: https://shifthappenscoaching.org.
Interested individuals are asked to send a cover letter and resumes to the attention of Keelin Mayer, Executive Assistant to Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shift Happens strives to create a culture of inclusivity, equality and diversity. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, gender and backgrounds.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
5555 Escarpment Side RoadCaledon East, ON L7C 2V9Canada
July 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH