Community Engagement Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: ELEPHANT HOUSE FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
This individual would be responsible for leading and coordinating with partners to execute any events that engage the community, focusing on at risk youth and families. Building strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and the community at the heart of this job. The position will focus on volunteer management, community events and fundraising opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Support onboarding and engagement of both families and volunteers
- History of success in managing details and some experience using a database
- Fresh ideas with strong ability to work within a team environment
- Comfortable with project deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of urban issues
- Strong communication skills
- Report out on feedback from both clients and volunteers
- Contribute to EHF’s efforts by preparing e-mail and promotional messages, handling correspondence, and making telephone calls, to donors, clients, and volunteers if needed
- Connect the dots of community partnerships for support or sponsorship to run programs
- Assist with onboarding volunteers
- Assist with creating curriculum for designated programs
- Work with media content to create preventing messaging
- Help with informative resources available based on family’s needs
**This position is currently volunteer based where you will get to enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about and directly impact a communication organization on the ground. Remote position. Flexible, make your own schedule. **
Send resume & cover letter to INFO@ELEPHANTHOUSEFOUNDATION.ORG
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ELEPHANT HOUSE FOUNDATION
7240 MINIE BALL AVE, MECHANICSVLLE, VA 23116, US
Putting God's love into action by supporting kids who've experienced and or witnessed traumas within their homes and the communities around them. Although our vision began wanting to help those impacted by substance misuse within their homes, our hope is to create a safe place for all children effected by trauma. Our foundation takes a trauma-informed approach utilized with Christian values to teach them how to address conflict, how to recover from it, and create a new perspective of their lives.
We've found that a trauma informed approach to every program and encounter we have with children and their families is the safest and most effective method so that all individuals feel comfortable, take what they learn, and are able to apply it to every day life. Parents and caretakers look forward to our adults groups, while the children are excited to experience what's next. Most have already made bonds with others in their groups. Our founder started this organization to give back to children just like herself at that same tender adolescent age. She was raised by her grandmother and at that time, there were only extracurricular activities for kids who were excelling in school, nothing to support the kids and families that experienced trauma. Elephant House Foundation is built for any family, no stipulations.
Multiple locations Richmond, VA 23224
April 8, 2023
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Time will vary- asking for a commitment of wanting to help. No set schedule as of right now- goal is building team now for execution Jan 2023