6 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
The Program Assistant is an important in ensuring that all programming is derived from our foundational framework of our curriculum and the principles of Harmony, Order, Balance, Reciprocity, and Justice. This role is fundamental for ASCENDtials’ efforts to end social constructs that impede truth in educational programming, inequality, and oppression that prevents us from being truly human, and supports reinforceable activities, as well as an expansive resource hub to support our volunteers, members, partners, the BIPOC community, and other groups. Programming must be holistic and offer a way of life shift by supporting the major aspects of living for those engaging in it.
We are looking for an experienced Program Assistant to supervise a wide range of programs, volunteers, members, interns, fellows, and partners intermittently. You will be responsible for the development and overall success of each program. You will supervise overall programs and inform management of progress and performance.
A successful Program Assistant must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their teammembers.
The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan the programs from start to completion, involving deadlines, milestones, and processes
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program and project managers involved in providing feedback and resolving complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance the efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk, and resource management principles when needed
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
505 W Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101, US
ASCENDtials is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that focuses on empowering BIPOC communities throughout Southern California. Established in 2014, ASCENDtials seeks to impact communities through programs that encourage participants to act as signifiers of change in education and work settings.
ASCENDtials assists those in the BIPOC community in dismantling institutionalized Isms within the U.S. workforce by offering workshops that empower them. Our non-profit organization focuses on building cosmic consciousness through our experiential learning programs, healing sessions, and workshops, and environmental programs so that they can successfully advocate for humanity and the environment.
Multiple locations San Diego, CA 92101
November 16, 2023
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Adult Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management