Adopt A Family Veteran Intern - PAID INTERNSHIP FOR VETERAN
ORGANIZATION: Soldiers' Angels - San Antonio
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Adopt-A-Family (AAF) Veteran Intern is responsible for working with and supporting Team Angel volunteers and military and veteran families during the December holiday season to provide holiday support to deployed military families, families of Post-9/11 wounded, ill and injured heroes, and veterans in the VA HUD/VASH program. The goal of this position is to ensure the applicants are properly vetted and all approved families are provided holiday support as per the standard operating procedures (SOP). The overall responsibility of this intern position is to ensure that families are properly registered for the program and that they receive the support necessary, as outlined in the program SOP.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of Team Angel volunteers and families who participate in the Adopt-A-Family program, including local volunteers assisting in outreach.
- Conduct outreach for volunteer and family recruitment.
- Supervise AAF volunteers assigned to work and support this program.
- Ensure the proper level of oversight and support for all involved with the AAF Team.
- Maintain and update Soldiers’ Angels database.
- Assist and/or oversee families with registration as outlined in the program SOP.
- Review and verify family profiles (to include but not limited to address, wish list, etc.) and required documentation for those registered for the AAF program. Following up if additional information is needed.
- Assess the financial need of the families for the AAF program and educate families on other financial resources.
- Assist and/or oversee adoption/placement of Team Angel volunteers and businesses with approved families.
- Assist and/or oversee follow with Team Angel volunteers as well as with businesses to confirm that support was provided to adopted/assigned families as outlined in the program procedures.
- Develop solid reporting guidelines for Team Angel volunteers as well as businesses so that support is reported accurately and timely.
- Maintain open and on-going communication with Family Support Team Program Manager.
- Maintain open and on-going communication with Team Angel volunteers, businesses and families involved with the AAF Team.
- Work with the Family Support Teams Program Manager and HQ for in-kind donation forms when applicable.
- Work with the Family Support Teams Program Manager, Veteran Support Program and HQ for donation records to be submitted to Veteran Health Care Systems when applicable.
- Follow up with Angels to ensure all families adopted receive support.
- Maintain Dropbox files for AAF Team.
- Communicate and maintain Adopt-A-Family Facebook page.
- Ensure that emails and phone messages are answered within 48 hours of receipt.
Must be a veteran
- Associates Degree in Human Services or similar field; or 3 years of experience/training in program management; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred but not required.
- Volunteer management or appropriate related experience.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals.
- Experience with Windows-based volunteer software.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
- Demonstrate ability to use social media, Skype, Campaign Monitor and other forms of communication programs.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and organizational skills.
- Able to work 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Successfully pass a background check.
About Soldiers' Angels - San Antonio
2895 NE Loop 410, Suite 107, San Antonio, TX 78218, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
Soldiers' Angels HQ located in San Antonio, Texas supports the South Texas Veterans Affairs Healthcare System which encompasses the greater San Antonio metropolitan area and Kerrville.
Soldiers' Angels has many wonderful programs to support our military families, deployed service members, wounded service members and veterans. Our programs are broken into categories based on the population they serve. Soldiers' Angels offers programs for wounded, deployed, families, and others. Most of our programs could not be possible without the support of the wonderful Angels who dedicate their time, money and talents, to the organization.
"May No Soldier Go Unloved" encapsulates the motivation behind Soldiers' Angels. The volunteers of Soldiers' Angels work tirelessly supporting our nation's veterans, wounded heroes, deployed service members and their families.
In 2017 alone, Soldiers’ Angels provided over $17 million in aid to over 360,000 service members, veterans, wounded heroes, and military families. Soldiers’ Angels volunteers are the heart of the organization and logged over 148,000 volunteer hours just in 2017!
2895 NE Loop 410 San Antonio, TexasSuite 107San Antonio, TX 78216
August 19, 2022
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm