ORGANIZATION: EPIC HOMESCHOOL NETWORK
Please visit the new page to apply.
EPIC HOMESCHOOL NETWORK INC. is a faith-based educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our vision is a world where home is the first school. Our mission is to enrich, enhance, and empower home education in the community for all students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 in a nurturing environment.
Learn more about us here www.epichsn.com
Currently, we are looking to add four members to our Board of Directors.
SPECIFICALLY, BOARD MEMBERS WILL:
- Provide a duty of care, loyalty, and obedience to applicable laws and regulations and bylaws.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for EPIC Homeschool Network and help tell our story to share information about the EPIC experience with others.
- Assist with fundraising efforts to support ongoing programs. These efforts will include special giving days like #GivingTuesday or our EPIC Read-A-Thon.
- Engage in volunteer opportunities to work with our homeschoolers and see our mission in action.
- Participate in networking and socializing opportunities with other young professionals on our Board of Directors.
- Leverage your corporate network when possible. This may include, asking your employer for a matching gift, hosting an event at your office, or encouraging your employer to donate to EPIC Homeschool Network, Inc.
- Bring a fresh perspective and new insights to the organization.
Board members coming in on an odd year will serve a one (1) year term. A member may choose to be considered for an additional year at the end of their term.
Board members coming in on an even year will serve a two (2) year term, beginning July 1, 2022, and concluding June 31, 2024. A member may choose to be considered for an additional year at the end of their term.
Each member must commit to financially supporting EPIC Homeschool Network, Inc. by having a target fundraising goal of at least $500 (which you may choose to pay as a monthly donation or raise the funds yourself).
Most dates are to be determined. You will receive electronic calendar invites throughout the year. Events marked with an * are mandatory.
- Annual Board of Directors Meeting (Typically the Last Sunday in June)*
- Volunteer opportunities throughout the year
- Annual Gala & Auction (April)
- Read-A-Thon (July)
- EPIC 5K (October)
- GivingTuesday (November/December)
- EPIC Homeschool Conference & College Expo (January)
- Monthly Board Meetings (1 hour/month)
- Serve on at least one committee*
- Development Committee (Fundraising)
- Governance Committee Marketing Committee
- Membership Committee
- Finance Committee
- Program Committee
- Socializing and networking events throughout the year
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About EPIC HOMESCHOOL NETWORK
MAILING: PO BOX 323, Austell, GA 30168, PHYSICAL: 4001 Macedonia Road, Powder Springs, GA, AUSTELL, GA 30168, US
To enrich, enhance, and empower home education in the community.
We are a multicultural homeschool community. To date, we have served over 400 families with our programs and events.
Here are some of our program initiatives:
- Academic Studies Program- This program provides classes and clubs for homeschoolers.
- STEM Program - This program provides hands-on STEM Learning through robotics and Legos. Currently, we operate a First Lego League Robotics team and a Lego Club.
- Homeschool Hangout Program - This is a joint program with the South Cobb Regional Library. It is a place for stories, crafts, learning games & STEM programming. We also learn about a myriad of valuable library databases & resources.
- Field Trip Program - This program provides monthly field trip activities that center around enriching the homeschool program of families.
- Homeschool Masterclass Program - This is a joint program with No Mommy Left Behind to create webinars to support homeschooling families.
- Scholarships Progam - This program provides financial support for families to purchase materials & encourage academic performance & entrepreneurship.
- Homeschool Resource Program - This program provides home educators with textbooks, workbooks, fiction & nonfiction reading books, as well as educational posters & charts to support their home school at our center. We also conduct resource fairs for the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 13, 2022
- Youth Services
- Administrative Support
- Grant Writing / Research
- 1-3 hours a month