Blood Donor Ambassador - Baldwin County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Georgia Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Blood Donor Ambassador will provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the
blood donor experience. You will engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Finally, you will express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
*Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs
through the blood donation process
*Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
*Model excellent customer service.
*Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while
creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
*Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for
*Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
*Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
*Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best
product for maximum impact
*Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
*May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up
activities as directed
- Must be 16 years old
- Masks will be required to unvaccinated volunteers.
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
- All in-person Red Cross volunteers and employees who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a mask.
About American Red Cross - Georgia Region
1955 Monroe Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
VariesMilledgeville, GA 31061
July 13, 2022
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per quarter.
- Comfortable in a blood drive environment. All in-person Red Cross volunteers and employees are who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a mask