Fund Development Committee Volunteer Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Rising Hope United Methodist Mission Church
Rising Hope is a community of faith helping individuals rise above homelessness and poverty along the Route 1 Corridor of Fairfax County, VA. Rising Hope is an inclusive community welcoming all individuals.
This is a volunteer position serving as a member of the Fund Development Committee for Rising Hope Mission Church. Rising Hope is a Methodist church that operates much like a traditional nonprofit with programs including a food pantry, daily kitchen, hypothermia shelter, and other need-based services. The Fund Development Committee serves as the main fundraising arm of the organization. They meet monthly to develop a strategy for the year of fundraising events, grant opportunities, direct donor outreach, etc. This role is expected to play an integral part in raising funds for the organization through their time and networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend a monthly meeting of the committee to develop, plan and implement funding opportunities for Rising Hope including, but not limited to, events, grants, direct donor development and online fundraising.
- Share opportunities for involvement at Rising Hope with your networks. This could look like inviting your networks to fundraising events, introducing them to Rising Hope as potential donors or hosting your own fundraiser.
- Support the leadership of Rising Hope in developing new processes for improved efficiencies around income tracking and grant management.
TIming and Commitment:
- This is an immediate opening. The Committee renews each calendar year and the expectation is that this person would serve through 2023 and hopefully in an ongoing capacity to provide continuity during a period of transition at multiple levels of the board and committees.
- At this point, we are accepting individuals who are able to occasionally be available in person in the Alexandria, VA vicinity. While the meetings are held via zoom, there are opportunities for in-person events as needed.
- Interested parties should send a letter of interest to JaM Strategies, a consulting firm working with Rising Hope on strategic planning - email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8220 Russell RoadAlexandria, VA 22309
July 13, 2022