Club Director Liaison Volunteer- Houston, TX
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Nerdy Girl Success, Inc
Be a part of changing the landscape of leadership while sharpening your skills in education, program development and nonprofit management. At Nerdy Girl Success, we support and prepare young women of diverse backgrounds to become the decision makers in business, politics, the arts and more, thus making their impact on society. This volunteer opportunity provides a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in education while making a real difference.
The Nerdy Girl Success Club Director Liaison Volunteer Opportunity provides young women in college with a structured professional development experience to transform their lives and provide inspirational educational experiences for young women in high school. This position takes place during the academic school year and requires the volunteer to provide in person programming and facilitation at a high school in the Houston area.
Nerdy Girl Success offers:
- The opportunity to gain valuable "on the ground" skills, contribute to the overall design of the club curriculum and experience with developing and executing a program and working in the nonprofit sector.
- An experienced and well qualified mentorship to guide and support volunteer’s work
- Cooperation for college credit, pending approval from the volunteer’s college or university.
- Prepaid debit card to cover program and travel expenses.
- Potential to create and direct a program outside of the scheduled programming.
- Receive in-depth training to lead the high school club at the assigned campus.
- Build your teaching and project management skills.
As a NGS Club Director Liaison Volunteer, your essential responsibilities are
- Visit 1-2 schools per week spending 1-2 hrs. per campus for a total of no more than 4 hours per week.
- Facilitate each high school club in carrying out a panel discussion that will be led by the girls in the club.
- Help connect club students with opportunities to participate in educational field trips.
- Assist the campus club sponsor in managing the club while building relationships with the girls, teachers and campus staff.
- Lead appropriate club activities and chaperone on excursions (typically one per school year).
- Meet once a week with the Executive Director to discuss club progress and activity ideas.
- Strong academic abilities shown by an unofficial college transcript with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Ability to develop quick rapport with high school students.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Be reliable, responsible, flexible and punctual.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Interest in experiential education and a desire to work with youth.
To Apply, send us:
- Current resume.
- Unofficial transcript.
- 2 references that we can contact. Please supply email addresses as well as phone numbers.
- Thoughtful cover letter responding to the below questions:
- Why do you want to work with young women in high school?
- What would you give them to help them learn and understand about career opportunities and success in post high school life?
- What do you expect to learn from this experience?
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Houston, TX 77469
July 13, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH