Your time and skillset can help transform the life of a child with a critical illness
ORGANIZATION: MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION OF ARIZONA INC.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Wish Granter Responsibilities:
Partner with at least one other volunteer wish granter to help grant the wishes of children throughout Arizona.
Help a child determine their heartfelt wish through getting to know them and their family.
Create a unique wish experience for the wish child by planning and delivering "wish enhancements" - special, creative touches that build excitement and anticipation about the wish throughout the process.
Develop a positive rapport with the wish child and family by serving as a liaison between chapter staff and the wish family, ensuring the family/child is kept up-to-date on details of the wish.
Act as a reliable, communicative, and productive member of the "wish team" by working closely with a volunteer partner and Make-A-Wish staff to create the best possible wish experience for the child
To learn more or have questions:
To learn more about this opportunity and get started on your journey to become a volunteer, please visit the volunteer page of our website: https://wish.org/arizona/volunteer
Should you have any questions, you can reach out to us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
About MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION OF ARIZONA INC.
2901 N 78TH ST, SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85251, US
Mission: Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Vision: To grant the wish of every eligible child
Make-A-Wish Arizona began on the inspiration of Chris Greicius, a 7-year-old who was battling leukemia but also had hopes to be a police officer "when he grew up." On a special day in April 1980, his Phoenix community came together to make his wish a reality, creating happy and hopeful memories for Chris and for everyone involved.
Today, Chris’ inspiration has created a movement that has helped to grant the wishes of almost 8,000 children with critical illnesses in Arizona. With offices in Scottsdale and volunteers around the state of Arizona, Make-A-Wish Arizona is dedicated to creating life-changing wishes for children and families when they need them most. Volunteers who pass background checks and training help us with all parts of the wish process, from the first introduction of what a wish could be to a child and family to the final wish reveal, building relationships and memories that last a lifetime.
The Arizona chapter is one of 59 Make-A-Wish chapters located throughout the United States, and 39 Make-A-Wish chapters located internationally.
- Child focus: We always put wish children first.
- Integrity: We are honest, transparent and respectful.
- Impact: We deliver life-changing work.
- Innovation: We are bold, imaginative and creative.
- Community: We are a diverse group of people working together towards a common goal.
Multiple locations Mesa, AZ 85216
July 12, 2022
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The general time commitment of a wish granter lasts anywhere from 9-12 months. Within a given month, a wish granter may volunteer 2-4 times to carry out their duties as a wish granter. Wish granters are most active in the evenings and on weekends.
- Complete a volunteer interview, create an online volunteer account in our online volunteer portal, the Wish & Volunteer Center (https://make-a-wish.force.com)