8 people are interested
Board Member: Community Non Profit
ORGANIZATION: Change Me Foundation Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Change Me Foundation Inc., based in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, is actively looking for members of the community that are interested in fulfilling the duties of a nonprofit board member.
Ideal board members are those who provide guidance, oversight, and insight to the organization by assisting in the creation and adherence to ethical policies and governance practices. Board members also play significant roles by contributing to Change Me Foundation’s culture, strategic focus, effectiveness, and financial sustainability, as well as by serving as ambassadors for the organization.
The goal of the board of directors is to focus all their efforts into making Change Me Foundation’s goals and mission a reality by implementing strategies that will get them one step closer to achieving it.
The Board will support the work of Change Me Foundation and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While currently the overall operations are led by the organization’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board and CEO’s relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is critical to the sustainability of the organization. Therefore, a high level of commitment to the success of the nonprofit is expected by each board member. Board Member responsibilities may include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she/he/they develops and implements Change Me Foundation’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Change Me Foundation for evaluating its impact, performance and effectiveness using gathered metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board meetings
- Approving Change Me Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions to meet all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing Change Me Foundation to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Change Me Foundation’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Change Me Foundation serves
- Contributing to Change Me Foundation’s fundraising efforts as a philanthropic priority
- Attending monthly Board meetings, as well as at least two annual Change Me Foundation events
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Change Me Foundation’s mission and who has a broad range of experience in community involvement. Selected Board members will have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Change Me Foundation’s beneficiaries and will have achieved accomplishments that will allow him/her/them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Change Me Foundation Inc
735 NW 10th Ave 101, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, US
Our vision is for a safer, stronger, and more cohesive community, where opportunities for self-development and growth are accessible for all members of our community, therefore improving the quality of life for the residents within our community. Our goal is to provide an array of quality services to meet the impending needs of the community and to deliver sensitive and compassionate care. Through providing services and programs with no financial barriers, building a culture where members belong and feel comfortable growing at their own pace, and enhancing lives by creating areas of welcoming support and confidence, we intend to play a vital role in our community's growth and development.
Change Me Foundation is dedicated to changing the future by creating opportunities to empower individuals to grow to their full potential.
Change Me Foundation believes that all individuals and families have a right to be respected despite their beliefs, preferences, values, strengths and cultural backgrounds.
Change Me Foundation believes that all individuals and families have unique needs that require unique services.
Change Me Foundation embraces the concept of the family as a whole-unit and focuses upon their strengths instead of their challenges.
Change Me Foundation views individuals as the primary decision-makers for their own care and well-being.
Change Me Foundation believes that providers must partner with individuals of all ages, and their families by sharing power, resources, authority, responsibility, and control.
Change Me Foundation believes that youth and their families must be provided with accurate and complete information, to empower them in making their own decisions.
Change Me Foundation is dedicated to removing barriers and discrimination created by stigma and prejudice associated with behavioral health challenges.
Multiple locations Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
July 11, 2022
- Child Welfare
- Professional Development
- Child Development
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Orientation or Training
- Must attend once a month Change Me Foundation Board Meeting
- Must attend at least two annual Change Me Foundation events