7 people are interested
Be a HERO to a Hospice patient!
ORGANIZATION: ProMedica Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Make a difference for someone by volunteering with ProMedica Hospice!
Our volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help. Some interact directly with patients and families. Others prefer to work behind the scenes in the office setting. As a volunteer, you help determine which tasks you’re best suited to perform.
THE TASKS OF VOLUNTEERS MAY INCLUDE:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading, or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
* We suggest volunteers wait a minimum of one year following the death of a loved one to volunteer. This allows adequate time to make appropriate adjustments after a significant personal loss.
* Volunteers must have reliable transportation.
Veteran patient volunteers needed! VET to VET connections are extremely important, especially at the end of a patient’s life. Veteran patients benefit greatly from having a veteran volunteer!
If this appeals to you, please contact our office! These are unpaid, yet priceless volunteer positions.
Covid-19: Volunteers must be fully vaccinated - 2 initial vaccines (and 2 additional boosters for anyone 50 and up or immuno-compromised) OR apply for a ProMedica vaccine medical or religious exemption
To volunteer, please contact Ann Michalakis, Volunteer Coordinator, 478-257-9241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More opportunities with ProMedica Hospice
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ProMedica Hospice
5400 Riverside Drive, Suite 200, Macon, GA 31210, US
Our Mission is to improve your health and well-being.
We consider our involvement with patients a sacred opportunity and a privilege to be in their lives. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the love, respect and care patients and their families need.
Multiple locations Macon, GA 31210
May 8, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As a hospice volunteer, you can donate as much or as little of your time as you desire.
- When you become a volunteer, we will provide you with a detailed orientation to the hospice program, so you will fully understand our caring philosophy and goals and have the skills needed to assist patients and their families.