Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: PROJECT-E
Location: Web-based - from any location with an internet connection
Compensation: Unpaid voluntary role
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, 1+ year
Start Date: ASAP
PROJECT-E is looking for a passionate Graphic Designer to support PROJECT-E Team International with its mission to empower women through education.
Who we are:
We are Young, Women-focused, Education- dedicated
PROJECT-E is an International NGO aimed at supporting and empowering the lives of young Ethiopian women, by providing high-quality education through our vocational training program.
We are divided into two main teams: Team International consists of around 40 web-based volunteers based around the world situated within 5 key departments: Fundraising, Finance, Public Relations, Talent Management, our elected Management Board, and project-based volunteers. Team Ethiopia consists of our local staff members based in Addis where our PROJECT-E Hospitality Institute (PEHI) is based and attended by the students we support.
We are all students and professionals working voluntarily in our free time to empower women through education. We want to make an impact - a lasting one. Empowering Ethiopian women through education doesn’t only help those individuals but the entire society. Higher education as key to economic development and ultimately the escape from poverty - that is what we have dedicated ourselves to.
On top of our mission, we make sure that while supporting PROJECT-E's mission our volunteers also develop key skills in leadership, project management and determination by being part of a highly motivated, supportive, and dedicated international team.
What you will do:
As a member of Team International, you will be joining the PR department to:
· Creating visual elements such as original images, icons, and illustrations, in line with
PROJECT-E’s marketing strategy
· Designing PR material such as flyers and campaign posters for digital media use
· Developing concepts, graphics, layouts, and other design elements for PROJECT-E’s digital marketing collateral
· Editing pictures and videos to be used on PROJECT-E online channels
· Be an active team member, offering your support and cooperating well with others
What we are looking for:
· Knowledge of graphic design tools mainly Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
· Previous experience in graphic design
· Portfolio demonstrating creativity, design, and software skills
· Excellent time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines
· Personal alignment with PROJECT-E’s mission and values
· Interest in long-term engagement with PROJECT-E and the ability to commit 5-10 hours per week
· Advanced knowledge of the English language
· A high level of responsibility and independence
· The possibility of making a substantial difference to the lives of many women throughout the year and the opportunity to give our project your personal touch
· An inspiring work atmosphere in a young and motivated team
· Practical experience in an international non-governmental organisation
· The option of going to Addis Ababa and working for the project on the ground
· Bi-annual meet up opportunities and a chance to connect with other like-minded professionals
How to apply:
To apply for this opening, please click on the "Apply now" button on the right, attach your CV, and complete all of the required fields. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
By applying for any of PROJECT-E opportunities, you allow PROJECT-E to process your information, including your name, email address, any information in your CV and cover letter and any given information to be able to assess your application and communicate with you accordingly.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
C/O: Moritz KolbeGuido-Schmitt-Weg 3Heidelberg, BY 69126Germany
July 10, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK