Please visit the new page to apply.
Spokeland is looking for a fundraising volunteer! At Spokeland we connect people to bicycle knowledge with an emphasis on community. We aim to increase the representation of diverse bike riders with mechanical knowledge. Spokeland offers accessible and affordable knowledge of bicycle mechanics, parts sales and refurbished bicycles. Our goal is providing a welcoming environment of supportive, multicultural, individuals working collectively, pedaling bike knowledge.
This role is mostly remote with inperson opportunities varying based on volunteer tasks. As a Fundraising Volunteer, you will offer much needed support in keeping Spokeland open and engaging with community. In this role you will help us maintain and build relationships and fundraising opportunities. You will work with a team collaborating and taking action on necessary tasks and planning. For events, you may coordinate or have in person tasks around those times or based on need. This role is part of a collective experience where everyone has a voice in the process. You are never alone and your unique experiences make you especially invaluable to our organization. We ask everyone to read our Culture Documents in order to have a shared understanding of who we are, who we are working with and whose voices aren’t present within the organization yet. This is all in the spirit of transparency, cultural competency and collective growth. Fundraising is fun and rewarding and a great way of meeting new people and making a difference.
Tasks may include:
- Helping to plan and maintain fundraising campaigns
- Work with other volunteers in supporting tasks
- Attending monthly meetings (virtual or in person)
- Help with In Person events
- Work closely with coordinators
- Maintain fundraising calendar
- Maintain donor acknowledgments
No formal experience is needed but we are looking for those who are:
- A Self Starter
- Have the ability to work collectively with others
- Are open minded thinker with collaborative energy
- Have a willingness to learn, grow and share knowledge
- Access to computer and internet
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slack
- Align with Spokeland’s values
- Access to shop space and tools
- Meet lots of amazing volunteers and trainees
- Opportunities to level up or participate in other areas of the organization
- Gain skills and experience while supporting a community resource
- Volunteer discounts
- Collective, supportive environment
What we offer
- You will be given an introductory training period for this role
- Spokelanders will help and support you when volunteering
- You will be able to develop new and existing skills in fundraising, events, communication and more
How to apply
Fill out our application form here: https://spokeland.square.site/meet-spokeland
Have more questions? Come hang out at a Meet Spokeland event.
Still more questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFull Support Volunteer Role Description Here
813 37TH ST, OAKLAND, CA 94608, US
We prioritize creating a space where everyone is both teaching and learning. We reject hierarchical systems of education in favor of collaborative and radical approaches. We talk openly about interpersonal, organizational, and systemic factors to create a safe, affordable, honest environment. We believe that knowledge creates empowerment, self-determination, and other possibilities. We see bicycles as everyday, approachable, useful objects that are an amazing tool for creating a radical educational and social environment. We teach how bikes work and how to fix them. As a result, our community members have access to increased mobility and agency to move through the world.
Spokeland is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation with a board that operates through group consensus. We are a collective bicycle education resource. Everyone involved in Spokeland has a voice in how we operate. We have been helping our community learn to fix their own bikes for over 10 years in Oakland.
813 37th StreetOakland, CA 94608
July 9, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours a month