Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Poppy Life Care Foundation
Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents living with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety, and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local businesses, healthcare groups, academic institutions, and professionals alike.
"Empowering the Next Generation"
Not only are we passionate about what we do, but WHY we do it, which is to help children and their families that are living with spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety, depression, and more. We want to do our part in changing their quality of life for the better.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment, and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
We are very passionate about what we are doing and looking for people that want to help make a positive impact in our communities!
More About the Company:
At Poppy Life Care we care about people and strive to create environments that empower people and ideas.
We are paving the way to education and care programs and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference! Candidates should excel in fast-paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do, and ideally have a strong background in education, business, non-profits, or startups. We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available.
Check us out at www.poppylifecare.org!
This is an excellent opportunity for working professionals and recent graduates who have completed their degrees and are seeking to gain real-world experience, or for anyone looking to make a difference in children’s lives.
Through our virtual platform, we want our coaches and therapists to meet one-on-one with clients using video chat and messaging. Coaches and therapists also provide clients with evidence-based clinical programs and self-management tools.
We are currently looking for therapists (part-time or full-time) who are excited to help our clients better manage their anxiety and depression, use evidence-based approaches, maintain a strong focus on outcomes, and learn from a community of like-minded professionals.
Duties/Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following projects that support PLCF efforts:
- Translate verbal communication in real time, reciting everything verbatim
- Precisely and clearly read written documents out loud in both languages
- Medical Knowledge preferred but not mandatory
- Create written translations of messages and documents, providing copies of documents in both languages
- Give perfect recitals of what they read and hear
- Use translation memory software
- Avoid adding extra words or expressions to translations
- Build excellent relationships with clients
- Use appropriate software for delivery and presentation
- Assess clients’ needs by having discussions with them
- Use specialist reference books, dictionaries, and thesauruses
- Proofread and edit finalized versions of translated texts
- Consult with experts in specialized areas and support programs and clinicians
Educational Requirements & Experience
- A high school diploma or the equivalent qualification
- Acquire language certification in translation
- Must be completely fluent in both English and Spanish, with an extensive vocabulary in both languages
- Ability to use excellent English and Spanish grammar to provide precise, sensible translations of both languages
- Accurate decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills to work harmoniously with other professionals
- Must possess problem-solving skills
- Great stress and time management skills
- Must be able to build relationships with clients and their families
- Ability to pay good attention to detail t
- Strong ability to work effectively in a stressful and high-pressure environment
- Efficient management of personal resources
- Showcase calmness during challenging moments
- Demonstrate great social skills
- Must be flexible in work settings
- Good reading comprehension skills to understand the words and translate them
- Possess cultural knowledge of the source language and the language to be translated into.
- Must be able to handle clients and meet their needs on time
- Must be able to perform self-assessment or monitoring
- It must be well coordinated.
Time Commitment Minimum:
Minimum of 5 hours a month and up to 15 hours a month. Hours may be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Occasional on-site weekend event support may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the opportunity`
typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Volunteer:
Although this is an unpaid volunteering opportunity that does not lead to employment or includes employee benefits, this opportunity offers:
- Build your resume and LinkedIn portfolio with unique startup experience and the ability to build a non-profit company
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward the development of a non-profit company
- Make an impact on children’s health and parents in a growing marketplace and HUGE pain point
- Increase your network within the community and with business connections
● PLUS have fun learning and scaling a company with a GREAT purpose, give back
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
307 Placentia AvenueNewport Beach, CA 92663
July 9, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK