Join the movement for housing justice become a volunteer!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Tenants Together
How Tenants Together volunteers support California renters?
Tenants Together volunteers have supported over 3,500 tenants to fight for their rights. We are all connecting remotely, so access to computer and internet are required to participate. All interested must complete Volunteer Training: Tenant Rights Series from 6:00-8:00pm on Tuesday July 26 + Thursday July 28
We have four different volunteer teams to join!
- Offer one-on-one peer support and tenant rights information to those in crisis on the Statewide Tenants' Rights Hotline (*Full English fluency is required to use our hotline tools, but if you speak English & Spanish, we would love to have you in a bilingual capacity)
- Meet one shift per week from 5:00 - 8:00pm PST on Mon,Tues,Wed,Thurs or 1:00 - 4:00pm PST on Fri; ~12-15 hours per month with minimum 3 month commitment
Data & Tech Team
- Develop new models of user-friendly digital tools for tenants to advocate for their rights.
- Meet twice a month on first & third Monday evenings of the month from 5:30 - 6:30pm PST; ~10 hours per month with minimum 3 month commitment
Training & Organizing Team
- Create and co-facilitate Know Your Rights resources to support tenants in understanding their rights, new local ballot measures, and actions.
- Meet twice a month on the first & third Tuesday of the month from 5:30 - 6:30pm PST; ~10 hours per month with minimum 3 month commitment
Research & Advocacy Team
- Investigate tenancy issues in California either in conjunction with an issue campaign or independent research to fill knowledge gaps on tenant rights issues.
- Meet twice a month on the first & third Wednesday of the month from 5:30 - 6:30pm PST; ~10 hours per month with minimum 3 month commitment
We are in great need of bilingual English/Spanish speaking volunteers! At the moment full English proficiency is required to use all hotline tools. Please consider volunteering if you speak Spanish fluently so we can make the hotline as accessible to monolingual Spanish speakers and immigrant communities as possible.
Accessibility: This training series will only be offered online via video/teleconference. If you have any accessibility concerns, requests or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to help build an anti-racist, feminist, multiracial, anti-oppressive tenant movement. This means we do not tolerate racism, homophobia, ableism, transphobia, islamophobia, classism, cis-sexism, or sexism. We also hope to continue working to make this event, and our office, as accessible as possible to everyone who is interested in being part of the fight for housing justice.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
474 Valencia St, #156San Francisco, CA 94103
July 8, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH