DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
WORKING BOARD MEMBER - MARKETING
ORGANIZATION: DARKNESS RISING PROJECT INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
About Darkness RISING
Darkness RISING Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit which provides direct mental health resources, connects individuals with therapists of color, and helps those in the Black community have conversations about their mental health and emotional well-being. We accomplish this by partnering with mental health providers, mental health educators, and Black performers from the Broadway community to create events, seminars, and direct resources where the intersection between mental health education and the arts collide.
- Improve the health and wellness of the Black community
- Raise awareness about mental health in our community
- Empower and engage our community via resources, events and services
- Erase the negative stigma of mental health issues
About the Board of Directors
The role of the Board of Directors is to approve the bylaws, adopt the conflict of interest policy, elect directors, appoint officers, and approve resolutions. Board Members are asked to participate in all monthly meetings (currently via phone or video conference), to be determined by Board Member availability. Board Members serve a minimum of 1 year. Board Members are volunteers, and this position is unpaid. Board Members are considered working Board Members and fulfill responsibilities. Board meetings are currently held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7pm EST, virtually.
About this Role
This position offers an impactful nonprofit Board experience while making substantial contributions to the Black community.
Marketing Board Member Responsibilities
- Provide connections to possible funding sources and like-minded organizations and individuals
- Reach out and follow up with potential sponsors to pursue financial sponsorship for Darkness RISING (DR) Live and DR operational funding
- Research organizations/companies which may be interested in sponsoring Darkness RISING: Live and/or providing support funding
- Serving as a thought leader for our Marketing Specialist and Marketing intern while providing guidance for marketing initiatives in a supervisory capacity
- Researching potential partnerships and media sources in an effort provide Darkness RISING brand awareness
Board Member Roles and Responsibilities
Board Members assist and support the progress and facilitation of Darkness RISING programs, shows, and services by serving as thought partners who:
- Provide guidance and direction to the Darkness RISING strategic plan
- Facilitate collaboration among partners and Marketing team members
- Identify resources, including monetary and in-kind contributions
- Promote Darkness RISING programs, workshops and services
- Assist with developing DR communication strategies and marketing efforts
- Donate to support Darkness RISING at least once per calendar year
Learn more: darknessrisingproject.org
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and /or to express interest.
About DARKNESS RISING PROJECT INC
1870 Prospect Place, Unit 1, Brooklyn, NY 11233, US
Darkness RISING Project Nonprofit aims to: -Improve the health and wellness of the Black community -Raise awareness about mental health in our community -Empower and engage our community via resources, events and services -Erase the negative stigma of mental health issues
Darkness RISING Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit created to provide direct mental health resources and help those in the Black community have conversations with others about their mental health and emotional well-being. We accomplish this by partnering with mental health providers and/or mental health educators to create events, seminars, and direct resources where the intersection between mental health education and the arts collide.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 7, 2022
- Mental Health
- Administrative Support
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training