5 people are interested
Volunteer Driver - Douglas County, NE
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Provides ride(s) as agreed upon.
- Highly recommended completed COVID-19 vaccination series
- Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the Society’s privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Internet access.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Cancer Society
PO Box 171335, Kansas City, MO 66117, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
The American Cancer Society has a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
100 E MainOmaha, NE 68007
March 21, 2023
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1+ hours/month flexible
- Volunteer Driver Qualifications: • Drivers must be between the ages of 18-84 • Good driving record • Current, valid driver’s license • Access to a safe and reliable vehicle • Proof of adequate automobile insurance • Complete training courses