11 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: CENTER FOR HUMANE ECONOMY INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Animal Wellness Action (AWA) Congressional Leader (CL) Volunteer Description
The Congressional Leader (CL) provides administrative support to the State Director (SD) and Federal Affairs team. With the SD, the CL will work to advance priority federal, state, and local animal protection policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance as directed by AWA leadership
- Produce Letters to Editors of local papers and Op-Eds
- Establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with government officials and encourage their support of AWA’s priority animal protection positions
- Help build a base of allies in your congressional district
- Establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance AWA’s mission
- Attend regular CL meetings, as determined by AWA leadership
- Actively engage in federal, state, and local policy advocacy at the behest of AWA leadership, including meeting with legislators, submitting comments to federal and state agencies on proposed animal-related regulations, as well as submitting letters to the editor in coordination with AWA staff
- Assist AWA leadership in developing and implementing campaign strategy
- Work closely with AWA leadership to serve as an ambassador for AWA by communicating our mission, approach, and policies in order to foster a stronger and more visible animal protection presence in your community
- Be prepared and on time for meetings
- Share and support AWA’s mission and core values; adhere to AWA’s policies
Skills and Qualifications
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Commitment to the AWA mission
- Solid organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
Time Commitment Required
Approximately 1 - 3 hours per week.
Director of Grassroots Advocacy
About CENTER FOR HUMANE ECONOMY INC
PO BOX 30845, BETHESDA, MD 20824, US
The Center is the first non-profit animal welfare organization that focuses on influencing the conduct of corporations to forge a humane economic order.
We need not accept the idea of routine cruelty in agriculture, entertainment, wildlife management, or any other part of our economy and culture. Together, by adopting new standards through political channels and reinforcing what business leaders are doing and ready to do, we can create a new normal when it comes to our human relationship with animals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 21, 2023
- 1 - 3 hours per week