Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston Community Engagement Coordinator - SCI AmeriCorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Social Capital Inc.
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by connecting young people with the relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement volunteer outreach and capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps members have served at various host sites in northeastern Massachusetts that are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc. (SCI).
SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill positions for a 1700-hour service term from September 2022 to June 2023. In addition to supporting the capacity building of the host site, the goal is to empower youth to positively impact their communities and build their social capital through collaboration with peers and adults while developing leadership skills.
HOST SITE OPPORTUNITY ─ Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston
At Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB), the SCI AmeriCorps member will:
- Participate fully in all SCI AmeriCorps orientations and trainings
- Help realize BGCB’s mission to help young people build strong character and realize their full potential as responsible citizens and leaders
- Gain valuable insight and experience in both back office and frontline operations of a leading youth-serving organization in Boston, working part-day on the administrative side of nonprofit management at BGCB’s main office as well as part-day serving youth directly in programming support at the Condon Club
- Develop volunteer and alumni management skills, including community outreach, recruitment, onboarding, training, events, and recognition
- Assist Director with conducting needs assessments and communicating with clubs and partners
- Collaborate on youth development programming, including the launch of the Condon Club’s Ready to Work Academy, a job readiness and social-emotional program for 7th grade students
- Amplify youth voices by engaging Torch Club members in championing a cause that builds community (Bilingual in Spanish or Haitian Creole is a plus)
- Support BGCB events with tabling and planning (e.g. the Holiday Gift program, Volunteer Breakfast, etc.)
- Complete a Social Capital Youth Project for BGCB’s youth enrichment programming
- Able to commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Effective communication skills to conduct community outreach (written and verbal)
- Strong work ethic, collaboration, and time management skills
- Availability to serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $23,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth up to $6,495 upon successful completion of service
- 40-hour SCI Member Professional Development Certificate Program: professional development training in Volunteer Management, Building Social Capital, Community Outreach, Youth Development, Project Management, and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Eligible for Free Healthcare at a no-cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Submit your application through the form at bit.ly/servewithsci. Please contact our Program Director with any questions at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6918 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Boston, MA 01801
October 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME