SCI Woburn Community Engagement Coordinator - SCI AmeriCorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Social Capital Inc.
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by connecting young people with the relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement volunteer outreach and capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps members have served at various host sites in northeastern Massachusetts that are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc. (SCI).
SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill positions for a 1700-hour service term from September 2022 to June 2023. In addition to supporting the capacity building of the host site, the goal is to empower youth to positively impact their communities and build their social capital through collaboration with peers and adults while developing leadership skills.
HOST SITE OPPORTUNITY ─ SCI Woburn
At SCI Woburn, the SCI AmeriCorps member will:
- Participate fully in all SCI AmeriCorps orientations and member trainings
- Assist in the planning and coordination of SCI Woburn’s annual volunteer and community events (e.g. Leaf Raking/Snow Shoveling for Seniors, WorldFest, and Juneteenth Woburn)
- Support the development and implementation of SCI Woburn youth-oriented programs (e.g. Teen VEAP (Vaccine Equity) and LET (Leaders for an Equitable Tomorrow) programs)
- Manage pieces of SCI Woburn’s online communications to conduct community outreach and volunteer recruitment (e.g. social media engagement, e-newsletter, website articles)
- Collaborate with the SCI Deputy Director to explore and build partnerships for youth enrichment programming with local community organizations including the Woburn Public Library, the Woburn Senior Center, and Woburn Public Schools
- Complete a Social Capital Youth Project in partnership with the Social Capital Inc. AmeriCorps member to champion youth enrichment programming
- Able to commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Effective communication skills to conduct community outreach (written and verbal)
- Strong work ethic, collaboration, and time management skills
- Availability to serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese or Haitian Creole is a plus
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $23,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth up to $6,495 upon successful completion of service
- 40-hour SCI Member Professional Development Certificate Program: professional development training in Volunteer Management, Building Social Capital, Community Outreach, Youth Development, Project Management, and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Eligible for Free Healthcare at a no-cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Submit your application through the form at bit.ly/servewithsci. Please contact our Program Director with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6991 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Woburn, MA 01801
October 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME