Kids in Tech Community Engagement Coordinator - SCI AmeriCorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Social Capital Inc.
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by connecting young people with the relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement volunteer outreach and capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps members have served at various host sites in northeastern Massachusetts that are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc. (SCI).
SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill positions for a 1700-hour service term from September 2022 to June 2023. In addition to supporting the capacity building of the host site, the goal is to empower youth to positively impact their communities and build their social capital through collaboration with peers and adults while developing leadership skills.
HOST SITE OPPORTUNITY ─ Kids in Tech (Lowell and Boston)
At Kids in Tech (KIT), the SCI AmeriCorps member will:
- Participate fully in all SCI AmeriCorps orientations and trainings
- Participate fully in KIT trainings, resulting in industry-approved certifications
- Tutor and mentor youth (ages 8-14) in Lowell and/or Boston public schools as an after-school KIT Tech Club junior instructor in STEM subjects
- Help lead weekly meetings and activities of after-school Tech Clubs
- Assist with recruiting, training, organizing, and mobilizing volunteers
- Liaise between KIT and Lowell and Boston Public Schools to coordinate Tech Club activities
- Complete a Social Capital Youth Project that will build capacity for KIT’s Youth Enrichment programming
- Able to commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Effective communication skills to conduct community outreach (written and verbal)
- Strong work ethic, collaboration, and time management skills
- Availability to serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $23,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth up to $6,495 upon successful completion of service
- 40-hour SCI Member Professional Development Certificate Program: professional development training in Volunteer Management, Building Social Capital, Community Outreach, Youth Development, Project Management, and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Eligible for Free Healthcare at a no-cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Submit your application through the form at bit.ly/servewithsci. Please contact our Program Director with any questions at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Boston, MA 01801
July 7, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME