Girls Inc. of Lynn Community Engagement Coordinator - SCI AmeriCorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Social Capital Inc.
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by connecting young people with the relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement volunteer outreach and capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps members have served at various host sites in northeastern Massachusetts that are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc. (SCI).
SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill positions for a 1700-hour service term from September 2022 to June 2023. In addition to supporting the capacity building of the host site, the goal is to empower youth to positively impact their communities and build their social capital through collaboration with peers and adults while developing leadership skills.
HOST SITE OPPORTUNITY ─ Girls Inc. of Lynn
At Girls Inc. of Lynn, the SCI AmeriCorps member will:
- Participate fully in all SCI AmeriCorps orientations and trainings
- Help realize Girls Inc.’s mission to inspire all girls to be Strong, Smart and Bold by meeting the needs of the girls in the community, developing girls’ capacity to overcome the effects of discrimination, be self-sufficient, responsible members of the community, and serve as advocates for all girls
- Tutor, advise and mentor teen youth
- Assist with creating and facilitating lesson plans, classroom management plans, youth events and recruitment
- Engage volunteers and collaborate on building volunteer engagement systems for programs/events
- Complete a Social Capital Youth Project for Girls Inc. of Lynn’s youth enrichment programming
- Able to commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Effective communication skills to conduct community outreach (written and verbal)
- Strong work ethic, collaboration, and time management skills
- Availability to serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $23,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth up to $6,495 upon successful completion of service
- 40-hour SCI Member Professional Development Certificate Program: professional development training in Volunteer Management, Building Social Capital, Community Outreach, Youth Development, Project Management, and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Eligible for Free Healthcare at a no-cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Submit your application through the form at bit.ly/servewithsci. Please contact our Program Director with any questions at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Lynn, MA 01801
July 7, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME