SASA Human Resources Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Save Ancient Studies Alliance
SASA is looking for a Recruitment Coordinator to assist with the recruitment of volunteers and seasonal interns for SASA, to organize and run SASA Internship Program events, and to help onboard and support new volunteers and staff.
This is a volunteer (unpaid) position to assist with the sourcing, attracting, and recruiting volunteers and seasonal interns for SASA’s different teams and projects, and helping run SASA’s support systems for our volunteers and staff.
This position will work directly with the Director and the Executive Assistant to develop new staff positions as part of SASA’s continual growth and development. The candidate will be in charge of composing and editing volunteer and intern position announcements and descriptions for posting on various job boards. The Recruitment Coordinator will also screen the candidates and may also conduct interviews for general volunteer and intern positions. The candidate will be responsible for onboarding new recruits and serve as a resource for new team members in navigating the SASA workspaces and our digital platforms. The candidate will also be responsible to create, schedule, organize, and run monthly internal events for SASA volunteers and interns.
This position is most well-suited to candidates with prior experience with interviewing, hiring, and human resources, as well as with a cheerful, engaging disposition.
Expected hours: 10 hours per week.
All work is done remotely.
- Develop human resources systems
- Overhaul onboarding process
- Research new recruiting management software and implement
- Developing pool of Creative Volunteers
- Determine any new and ongoing positions that need to be filled
- Writing and editing volunteer/intern position announcements
- Posting volunteer position opportunities on various job boards, including Indeed, Idealist, Gozaround, and more
- Finding new outlets for advertising position opportunities
- Screen candidates through reviewing CVs and cover letters
- Coordinating interviews between the candidates and the director
- Conducting interviews
- Onboarding new recruits
- Teaching and acting as a resource for team members on SASA’s productivity digital platforms and workspaces (Google Drive, Slack, ClickUp)
- Event planning and running for SASA volunteers and interns
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Organized - attention to detail.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential and open communication with management.
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities with little or no guidance.
- Computer skills, accurate data entry.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning May 1, 2022. We aim to have this position filled no later than the end of June 15, 2022.
SASA is a non-profit organization, tax exempt under IRS code 501(c)(3). SASA's mission is to counter the downward trend in Ancient Studies fields in higher education, by (1) uniting graduate students and scholars to (2) expose and engage students to Ancient Studies, to (3) facilitate ease of access to studying the ancient world, and to (4) support and reimagine scholarship as a lifelong pursuit for those who work as professionals in other areas after receiving their PhDs.
At this time, all positions with SASA are unpaid, including management, volunteers, and interns, except for some few positions working on projects paid for via grants. Since work for SASA is all done remotely, we take a proactive approach to supporting our volunteers and interns. Our goal is that internships with SASA are mutually beneficial, such that volunteers help work on various SASA projects and gain experience in multiple areas, learn skills, gain knowledge, and build connections with numerous people in Ancient Studies and the nonprofit world. Interns work alongside volunteers with more experience and under the guidance of our Team Leaders and the Director. Our work atmosphere is exploratory and collaborative. We all enjoy the company of people who have varied backgrounds and interests of all ages, and who are passionate in their pursuits.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
130 Golf CourtTeaneck, NJ 07666
July 7, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK