Friends of the Rafael Hernández School Community Engagement Coordinator - SCI AmeriCorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Social Capital Inc.
The SCI AmeriCorps program supports youth success by connecting young people with the relationships, experiences, and resources they need to succeed. Members implement volunteer outreach and capacity building activities that increase volunteer participation, and provide leadership training and community service opportunities for youth. Since 2007, SCI AmeriCorps members have served at various host sites in northeastern Massachusetts that are aligned with the mission of Social Capital Inc. (SCI).
SCI AmeriCorps is currently looking for candidates to fill positions for a 1700-hour service term from September 2022 to June 2023. In addition to supporting the capacity building of the host site, the goal is to empower youth to positively impact their communities and build their social capital through collaboration with peers and adults while developing leadership skills.
HOST SITE OPPORTUNITY ─ Friends of the Rafael Hernández School (Boston)
At Friends of the Rafael Hernández School (FOH), the SCI AmeriCorps member will:
- Participate fully in all SCI AmeriCorps orientations and trainings
- Help realize mission of FOH in supporting and advocating for the Rafael Hernández K-8 Dual Language Immersion School and the surrounding community by contributing to the cultural fabric of the neighborhood and increasing access to high-quality enrichment programs
- Mentor, advise and build relationships with a cohort of Middle School students, providing academic and social-emotional support during school day and after school hours (Spanish fluency is a plus)
- Be trained in implementing an advisory and mentoring program focused on academics and careers
- Support Middle School teachers in researching, developing and implementing programs
- Create opportunities for student Service Hours and service-learning
- Recruit volunteers/partners to provide workshops/presentations on career pathways and interest areas
- Coordinate regular communication with families regarding pathway options for students
- Complete a Social Capital Youth Project for FOH’s youth enrichment programming
- Able to commit to Full-Time service in local communities with diverse residents
- Effective communication skills to conduct community outreach (written and verbal)
- Strong work ethic, collaboration, and time management skills
- Availability to serve in-person for some or all service activities
- Receive a Taxable Stipend up to $23,000/year, paid bi-weekly
- Earn a Federal Education Award worth up to $6,495 upon successful completion of service
- 40-hour SCI Member Professional Development Certificate Program: professional development training in Volunteer Management, Building Social Capital, Community Outreach, Youth Development, Project Management, and DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Eligible for Free Healthcare at a no-cost premium
- Can receive Student Loan Forbearance during active service
Submit your application through the form at bit.ly/servewithsci. Please contact our Program Director with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6955 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Boston, MA 01801
October 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME