Local Community Reviewer (San Francisco, California)
ORGANIZATION: InReach (formerly AsylumConnect)
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Visit this link to submit our quick volunteer screening form: https://forms.gle/5ZNSWuxHESV5PtqK9
- See below for details on the position and who we're looking for.
Are you based in San Francisco, California? We are looking for local community members from the area to join our organization! In this volunteer role, you will help to ensure the free InReach App (the world’s first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources) remains as accurate and helpful as possible in San Francisco.
Time Commitment: We are looking for volunteers who are available to devote ~2-5 hours per month to InReach. Hours are flexible.Responsibilities
- Review the verified organizations listed in the InReach App for San Francisco and share feedback.
- Share your local expertise with our users by writing public reviews on the profile pages of the verified service providers listed in the InReach App.
- Use your local expertise to suggest new affirming organizations in the Bay Area for potential inclusion in the InReach App.
- Help to spread the word about InReach’s free technology to relevant local stakeholders in San Francisco.
- Based in San Francisco, California.
- You live in San Francisco and you are knowledgeable about the area.
- You are comfortable working remotely and using online communication channels (such as Slack and Google Drive).
- Must be knowledgeable about the local LGBTQ+ community and support services.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About InReach (formerly AsylumConnect)
228 Park Ave S, Suite # 90945, New York, NY 10003, US
We use technology to ensure safe help is InReach for all members of the LGBTQ+ community.
InReach (formerly AsylumConnect) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing the world's first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources. InReach’s free technology instantly matches LGBTQ+ people fleeing persecution and other LGBTQ+ people in need with independently verified, affirming medical and mental health care, immigration and other legal help, safe housing, education and employment opportunities, translation services, community support, and more critical support services. InReach is for the entire diverse LGBTQ+ community - including asylum seekers and refugees, undocumented and other immigrants, young people experiencing homelessness, those facing family or community rejection due to their identity, those living with HIV/AIDS, and other transgender and non-binary people in need of safe resources. The free InReach App is available on web, mobile web, and native iOS and Android. The App is available in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories.
Anywhere in San Francisco!San Francisco, CA 94102
July 6, 2022
- Must be at least 18
- We are looking for volunteers who are available to devote ~2-5 hours per month to InReach. Hours are flexible.
- You live in San Francisco and you are knowledgeable about the area. This position can be done from your home in San Francisco.