Mammoth Cave National Park - Visitor Services Assistant (Housing Available)
ORGANIZATION: National Park Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
Focused Duties - Interpretive Programming Operations
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Occasionally trail cave tours
- Length and time may vary from 1.25 to 4 hours (3/4 mile to 4 miles)
- Assist with the Discovery Tour (when offered)
- Crowd control, tearing tickets, monitor white-nose syndrome station
- Occasionally presenting entrance talk, relaying tour rules and regulations
- Assist visitors at the outdoor Kiosk providing park and area information.
- Assist at the visitor center information desk.
- Rove/Monitor/Clean Exhibit Area.
- Rove Visitor Center Area (including tour staging area).
- Provide visitor information; assist visitors in getting to proper tour departure areas.
- Assist with Campfire/Evening Programs (when offered)
- Crowd control, rove campground promoting night program, counting visitors, reporting program attendance park guide, and assist with campfire, etc.
- Assist with the Jr. Ranger Program, checking participant’s booklets, issuing certificates, stocking desk with Jr. Ranger supplies.
- Assist with groups. Meet buses when they arrive, provide direction to groups on procedures for tour departures. Trail tour of late groups if needed.
- Assist with Special Events
- National Park Week, Wildflower Day, Jr. Ranger Day, Bat Night, and Cave Sing, etc.
- Lead/trail nature/surface hike(s) or other talks as scheduled/requested
- Content must be researched, outlined, and approved by a supervisor before presented.
- Assist with White-Nose Syndrome (WNS) duties
- Clean and refill disinfecting solutions at WNS stations,
- Assist crawling tour guides at the dorms before and after tours
- Washing, drying and storing coveralls used by crawlers
- Assist in Shift Office, answering phones, and filing paperwork
- Drive government vehicle for visitor pick-ups at entrances, pick up supplies at warehouse, make deliveries as needed.
Park Housing (All park housing units are shared)
- Occupants must also serve a minimum of 35 hours per week.
- Park housing is shared between 2 - 3 persons per unit .
- Occupancy will be dependent on current NPS Covid-19 Housing Policy at the time of onboarding.
Start Date - 2023-05-15
End Date - 2023-11-15
Activities include: General Assistance;Tour Guide/Interpretation;Visitor Information
Hosts Housing Amenities: Other
About National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240, US
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
The U.S. National Park Service, www.nps.gov, cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. We care for more than 400 national parks and help communities preserve their historic places and open spaces.
P.O. Box 7Mammoth Cave, KY 42259
July 6, 2022
- Environmental Education
- People 55+