3 people are interested
Share A Book With Patients!
ORGANIZATION: MultiCare Health System
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Help provide exceptional patient care by offering books and activities to patients during their hospital stays. We are looking for kind and compassionate volunteers who want to bring comfort to patients who may be struggling with loneliness and isolation in the hospital.
Share your time offering books, activity books, and collecting surveys. Support staff by providing services to patients, keeping track of inventory and survey results.
Volunteers are not expected or permitted to provide medical assistance; you are simply there to help brighten a patient's day!
Sunday - Saturday
3 pm - 5 pm
Onboarding New Volunteer Orientation: 2 hours
About MultiCare Health System
1901 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, US
Partnering for Healing and a Healthy Future
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 18,000 team members, including employees, providers and volunteers.
We've been caring for our community for well over a century, since the founding of Tacoma's first hospital. And today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington.
Our comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services - including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
Our network of care includes seven hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, Tacoma - the region's only children's hospital and state-designated Level II Pediatric Trauma Center for Western Washington
- Tacoma Genera Hospital, Tacoma, which is home to the Puget Sound Region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians and a wide range of community outreach programs across the state completed our organization.
315 Martin Luther King Jr WayTacoma, WA 98405
July 5, 2022
- Patient Care
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit regularly to one shift per week and 100 hours of service.
- Must be comfortable using technology.