Support Group Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association - Wichita Falls Regional Office
Please visit the new page to apply.
Support Group Facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences to better cope with and manage the shared challenges of dementia.
Support Group Facilitators:
- Facilitate groups of caregivers or people living with dementia to provide social and educational support helping group members provide emotional support to one another.
- Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members and assure a positive experience for attendees.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Strong listening and effective communication skills with demonstrated ability to be empathic and separate personal needs from group needs.
- Ability to redirect and facilitate discussion as well as fulfill the Facilitator duties and responsibilities as described in onboarding.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and group members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Alzheimer's Association - Wichita Falls Regional Office
901 Indiana Avenue, Suite 350, Wichita Falls, TX 76301, US
Our Vision: A world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia. Our Mission: The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Alzheimer's Association volunteers deliver support and education, raise funds, advocate for Alzheimer’s and more to help achieve our vision of a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia(r).
We seek committed, passionate volunteers to educate the public, lead support groups, and provide social engagement to those living with early-stage Alzheimer's in all communities. Whether you can spare a few hours a week or can make a more significant time commitment, please consider becoming an Alzheimer’s Association volunteer.
Ready to get started? Visit volunteer.alz.org or contact Alyssa Johnston at email@example.com.
Multiple locations Wichita Falls, TX 76308
February 22, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- After onboarding/training, about 5 hours/month. Support Group meetings are monthly. Days and times are flexible.