DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
LA Area! In Need of Standby/Emergency Volunteers and Fosters! Cuddle with a dog today
ORGANIZATION: Ace of Hearts
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Foster animals in need!
Ace of Hearts is a dog rescue foundation dedicated to rescuing dogs from various Los Angeles shelters and placing them in loving homes. We do NOT take dogs in but instead, we rescue them from shelters. The Ace of Hearts Foundation is in memory of "Ace", a wonderful American Bulldog who was rescued from death, and touched the lives of many! (Especially founder Kari Whitman!) We do not discriminate against any breeds!
Ace of Hearts is a non-profit dog rescue that saves dogs from the shelters, giving them a new chance at life! We need your help by providing them a loving home until they're adopted and we'll provide everything else - a bed, food, treats, toys, a leash, and a collar.
Being accepted into our foster program is an extremely rewarding experience - you get to help rehabilitate dogs that were left to die at the shelter, giving them a second chance to be adopted!
VOLUNTEER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for the care, feeding, cleanliness, comfort, and safety of a dog!
- We will require the dog to be brought to our bi-monthly adoption events in West Hollywood, as well as shown to potential adopters. These meet and greets will be set up around your schedule, but we do ask that you are responsive to our calls and texts in order to set them up.
- These are NON NEGOTIABLE terms if you are a foster.
- To be 21+ (if under 21, then to have parent approval)
- To have reliable transportation and be able to bring them to our adoption event in West Hollywood once a month and to a vet of our choice
- To be comfortable with bigger breeds! We're a bully breed rescue and most of our pups weigh 50-90 pounds. Please do not reply if you can only do small dogs.
- To have no children or cats in your home preferred
- To be able to start immediately
- To have already discussed this with all landlords/managers/spouses etc. and have their approval
Please provide your phone number and email so we can contact you ASAP for a brief interview!
About Ace of Hearts
PO Box 11693 San Vicente Blvd #130, BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90213, US
We are a 501c-3 dog rescue foundation dedicated to rescuing dogs, the day they are to be euthanized, from various Los Angeles shelters and placing them in loving homes. We do NOT take dogs in ... we rescue only from shelters. The Ace of Hearts Foundation is in memory of "Ace", a wonderful American Bull dog who was rescued from death, and touched the lives of many! (Especially founder Kari Whitman!) We rescue all breeds...and don't discriminate against any!
Love dogs? Looking to help out and make some new friends along the way?
We need Standby Volunteers daily!
Emergency Volunteers/Stand By's
This may seem like the least helpful, but actually our stand-by's always save us & the dogs! We need you!
You give us the days and times you are available and we add you to a list. Then, if something comes up that day- you will be the first one we call. This helps us reach out to volunteers with availability that day instead of calling our entire volunteer list. If there is a day, half a day, or even a few hours you can volunteer to be placed on a "call in case of an emergency" list, let us know! This can be for many different tasks, and almost
always requires some driving. We try very hard to plan things in advance, but if there is a last minute opportunity to save a life, get a dog adopted, or a foster emergency, it helps to have a handful of people we reach out to first!
We are in desperate need of standby volunteers!
Can't help with this but still want to volunteer? We can always use extra hands:
-Long term fosters
-Temp tests for dogs in shelters
-Transporters (taking dogs to appointments/park/foster)
-House check volunteers
LA and surrounding areasWest Hollywood, CA 90069
August 7, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21