Community Outreach Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Walk With Sally
Please visit the new page to apply.
Walk With Sally, a non-profit that supports families impacted by cancer. We provide free individualized mentoring and support services to empower children ages 7-17 who are experiencing trauma through a parent, guardian, or sibling’s cancer journey. This includes ALL stages whether they have survived, are currently battling, or who have passed away.
Walk With Sally is seeking a Community Outreach volunteer to assist in the managing and growth of our community presence and awareness in Long Beach, CA.
We will need assistance during the summer (July, August) and are flexible with your schedule. Please see below for a list of possible responsibilities. We appreciate your interest and excited to offer experience & a supportive team if this opportunity resonates with you!
* Assist with the planning and coordination of community events
* Identify possible community partnerships and education opportunities with local business and organizations
* Assist with new partnership's meetings.
* Assist in the recruitment of volunteers for community events
* Working directly with Supervisors and line staff to support overall project needs
* When needed, cover the reception area while performing other responsibilities
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or submit your interest through Vol Match to connect with you directly. Please feel free to check out our website at www.walkwithsally.org!
Come join Walk With Sally!
About Walk With Sally
840 Apollo Street, Suite 324, El Segundo, CA 90245, US
Walk With Sally provides hope through our individualized mentoring and community support services to empower children experiencing trauma through a parent, guardian or sibling's cancer journey.
Walk With Sally believes no child should walk alone in the face of a loved one's cancer journey. Because we don't want cancer to define or limit children for the rest of their lives, we create hope, healing and a supportive community through individualized mentoring, which transforms the lives not only of the children, but also of the families impacted by cancer.
TBDLong Beach, CA 90801
July 1, 2022
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- 5-10 hours a week; flexible schedule
- can be virtual/ remote except for resource fairs