- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
SiouxperCon is a nonprofit educational event dedicated to promoting literacy and valuable life skills in an inclusive and friendly environment. The vision of SiouxperCon is to engage individuals, cultivating their interest of comics and various popular art forms through workshops, panels, seminars, exhibitions and hosting conventions. We have guest and panels, board games, comic books, video games, cosplay, vendors, and more.
You will be required to check in at the beginning and end of each shift. Volunteers must perform the duties assigned and must heed the direction of the SiouxperCon staff. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Registration Table Assistance:
(including but not limited to answering attendee questions about the convention and convention amenities, assisting staff with collecting and disbursement of convention incentive items, badges and assisting with the sale and pickup of convention passes.)
Information Assistance, Line & Crowd Control:
(including but not limited to monitoring and helping to disperse crowd congestion, informing attendees about specified areas, organizing and directing attendees to form lines for signings, entry, etc., and capping lines to prevent additional attendees from joining a line queue.)
Friday Convention Setup:
(including but not limited to assisting exhibitors with their setup, assembling displays and cases, moving and arranging tables and chairs, moving and organizing boxes, displays and more with dispersed loads of up to 50lbs per person, and installing and setting up signs and convention decor.)
Sunday Convention Breakdown:
(including but not limited to exhibitors with table breakdowns, disassembling and packing displays and cases, moving and stacking tables and chairs, moving, organizing and packing boxes, displays and more with dispersed loads of up to 50lbs per person, and removing and packing signs and convention decor.)
Film & Panel Room Entry Monitoring:
(including but not limited to checking for badge pass access at the film room door; permitting those with appropriate passes to enter while politely rejecting violators and directing them to Registration to purchase access.)
(including but not limiting to booth monitoring for exhibitors, acting as go-betweens for SiouxperCon Staff and Exhibitors, Acting as a personal assistant to a Featured Guest, etc.)
(including but not limited to providing supplies, stocking food and beverage in green room, security and/or completing other errands at the request of the staff/exhibitors)
Duties will be assigned the day of the show based on availability of position and the volunteer. While each volunteer will be assigned a position at the start of your shift, you may be asked to fulfill another position if needs and programming change. Volunteers must complete the duties assigned to them during that shift and cannot break from their duties to attend a signing, panel or any other show attraction. SiouxperCon is depending on the diligence of the volunteer during those hours.
4 hour shifts:
- Friday - 8 am to noon
- Friday - noon to 4 pm
- Friday - 4 pm to 8 pm
- Friday - 8pm to midnight
- Saturday - 8 am to noon
- Saturday - noon to 4 pm
- Saturday - 4 pm to 8 pm
- Saturday - 8 pm to midnight
- Sunday - 9 am to 1 pm
- Sunday - 1 pm to 5 pm
- Sunday - 5 pm to 9 pm
Volunteers who work one 4 hour-shift receive a free 1-day pass into the convention and volunteer t-shirt! If volunteers work at least two 4 hour-shifts then the volunteer earns a full weekend pass and t-shirt.
Please keep in mind that volunteer positions fill up quickly so do not delay in applying. Additionally, applicants that are available for shifts on at least two of the three-day convention will be the first ones chosen as volunteers.
Dress comfortably, as you will be only given one shirt for the whole weekend. If you need to wear it more than one day, we recommend you wear another shirt underneath the SiouxperCon shirt. Shorts and slacks are permitted. No sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed. Please do not wear heavy or intrusive jewelry ("intrusive" being anything that can potentially harm you or people around you).
The SiouxperCon volunteer shirt must be worn during all shifts the volunteer works. SiouxperCon cannot guarantee a shirt in your size. If SiouxperCon is out of shirts in the volunteer’s size, the volunteer must wear a shirt of a larger size. If all sizes are too small, the volunteer will not be furnished with a shirt.
While working as a volunteer, you are representing SiouxperCon. It is essential that you are kind, courteous, knowledgeable and professional at all times to ensure attendees and exhibitors enjoy the show.
Volunteers are NOT permitted to:
- Handle or be in charge of money unless instructed to do so by SiouxperCon Staff.
- Manage an Exhibitor’s booth without the permission of the Exhibitor.
- Give interviews to the press on the behalf of the show.
- Must be 18 years of age by September 1st, 2022. We do allow volunteers ages 16 to 18 as long as they are accompanied by an adult chaperone and sign a minor release form from their legal parent or guardian.
- Must be able to complete at least a minimum of one 4-hour shift over the course of the convention (Friday, September 30, Saturday, October 1 & Sunday, October 2.)
- In order to be eligible for a SiouxperCon weekend pass and the SiouxperCon volunteer swag, must work at least two 4-hour shifts.
Please note that SiouxperCon reserves the right to modify these rules and regulations at any time without prior notice, and may deny any individual a Volunteer assignment for any reason. Submitting a Volunteer registration form does not guarantee a Volunteer assignment to SiouxperCon.
Thank you for reading through the General Rules and Regulations. By applying in the link below, you agree and accept all terms, rules, and regulations as set out by SiouxperCon.
We missed you.
2020 was tough on all of us. We missed gathering together, laughing together and celebrating our shared passions for comic books, cosplay, video games, tabletop games, art and entertainment.
As you know we have decided to move forward with SiouxperCon 2021: Heroes Homecoming brought to you by Black Hills Federal Credit Union October 1-3 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center.
We didn’t make this decision lightly.
We held many meetings leading up to the announcement of the convention taking into account the spread of COVID-19, the efficacy and availability of the vaccine, distancing protocols and other safety measures. We watched as other conventions similar in size to SiouxperCon planned and held their conventions successfully. We took everything into consideration and decided to host the convention in person this year.
Here is what we are doing to ensure everyone’s safety.
- We are encouraging masks for the non-vaccinated and for those who feel most comfortable in crowds with a mask. You can bring your own, make it part of your costume or we will have masks available throughout the convention center for your use.
- We will have hand sanitizer throughout the convention center. Regardless of vaccination status, we encourage the use of sanitizer and hand washing frequently throughout the event.
- As always consent is 100% necessary for a safe and enjoyable convention, not only for cosplay, but for each other. Ask prior to hugging or hand shaking. Others may not be as comfortable as you. If people ask that you maintain a safe distance from them, please respect their request.
- We have spaced out tables in the convention hall more than in previous years including adding an extra pathway halfway down the vendor aisles.
We are trusting you. If you are feeling ill in any way please stay home. Monitor your symptoms. Take your temp prior to leaving for the convention that day. Be a good neighbor and remember the wisdom of Spock: "Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
We take great pride in the fact that SiouxperCon remains a welcome and inclusive space where we come together in the spirit of our shared passions. SiouxperCon is not the place for political or spiritual debates on the Covid-19 pandemic or other topics. We ask that you please respect the uniqueness and individuality of each person attending the convention.
We chose the theme "Heroes Homecoming" to honor the local everyday heroes who worked so diligently to serve us and keep our community safe during the pandemic of the last year. Do your part to honor them by being safe and smart during the convention.SiouxperCon 2021 Official COVID Policy
Updated August 31, 2021
The volunteer board and staff of SiouxperCon are aware of the concerns surrounding COVID 19 transmission at large events. We are also aware of the many conflicting viewpoints about how to best protect ourselves and our families and friends in this time of pandemic.
Although there is no mandate to wear masks currently in place backed by the State of South Dakota, Minnehaha County or the City of Sioux Falls, we do believe it’s best to err on the side of caution to keep everyone safe.
Our policy is to strongly encourage attendees at this year’s SiouxperCon event to follow CDC guidance about attending large events:
- If you are not fully vaccinated and are aged 2 or older, we ask that you wear a mask in all indoor, public places.
- You do not need to wear a mask in general outdoor settings.
- However, in crowded areas or with activities that require close contact with others, we ask that you consider wearing a mask.
- People who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken their immune system may not be fully protected even if they are fully vaccinated. They should continue to take all precautions recommended for unvaccinated people, including wearing a well-fitted mask, until advised otherwise by their healthcare provider.
- If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
We will be providing masks for free at the registration table and around the con at our vendor hall and tabletop gaming rooms. We will also have special SiouxperCon branded masks available for purchase.
In cases where social distancing is not possible, such as our tabletop gaming room, we will be requiring masks for entry. Our SiouxperCon guests respectfully ask that you wear a mask while at their tables. These guests have waived their appearance fee to appear at this convention. Your wearing a mask when visiting with them ensures that they are able to continue to attend conventions moving forward and continue creating art and entertainment that you love.
Please understand, this is not an overall mask mandate for the event. We are a small 100% volunteer run organization and we do not have the resources and volunteers to monitor and enforce such a mandate. We are respectfully asking the community to help us support each other and keep everyone safe. No one will be turned away from admission if they choose not to wear a mask, other than rooms where we require it because social distancing is not possible.
Our goal is to have a safe event that raises money for the community, gives our guests an opportunity to interact with fans, honors the support of our community sponsors and gives everyone an opportunity to return to the convention and honor our local heroes.
We ask for your understanding as we navigate this on a day by day, moment to moment basis.
Source: Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/gatherings.html Accessed 8-31-21
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
PO BOX 173, SIOUX FALLS, SD 57101, US
SiouxperCon is a nonprofit educational event dedicated to promoting literacy and valuable life skills in an inclusive and friendly environment. The vision of SiouxperCon is to engage individuals, cultivating their interest of comics and various popular art forms through workshops, panels, seminars, exhibitions and hosting conventions.
SiouxperCon openly welcomes volunteers to help with our events. If you are a motivated, up-beat individual, who is flexible and wants to network with other fans, then volunteering is right for you!
1201 North West AvenueSioux Falls, SD 57104
July 1, 2022
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hour shifts, as many as you want