Madison County - Are you 55 and better? Are you looking to make a difference in your community?
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program seeks to connect volunteers with local opportunities. You can serve at local public agencies and nonprofits who have partnered with us while receiving the benefits of being a volunteer with our program.
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Supplemental and liability insurance
- Annual Recognition Ceremony
- $25 gift card upon completion of first volunteer activity (must be 55+ to receive gift card)
The following is a list of our partners and the volunteer opportunities they have available.
- Looking for volunteers to provide nutrition education
- Looking for volunteers to provide educational programs or facilitate support groups
- Looking for volunteers to assist with kids summer camps
- Looking for volunteers to provide medical transportation, food support, or social visits to community members
Iowa Fraud Fighters
- Looking for volunteers to provide educational programs on protecting yourself from fraud and scams
Madison County Conservation
- Looking for volunteers for a variety of opportunities including helping with their front desk at their new building.
Madison County Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Looking for volunteers to assist with disaster response and local events
If you are interested in volunteering contact Mildred Chihak, volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com or 1.877.686.0029. Additional information available on our website. You can also fill out a request for more information on our website at ridehirta.com/volunteer
10 More opportunities with Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Madison and Marion Counties
About Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Madison and Marion Counties
2824 104th St, Urbandale, IA 50322, US
HIRTA strives to make a positive impact on our communities. As a part of HIRTA's commitment to creating opportunities for community investment, we welcome volunteers in a variety of roles. We will actively recruit volunteers and match them with people in need. Our volunteer programs closely align with HIRTA's mission and vision to promote independent lifestyles for central Iowa residents.
HIRTA is a AmeriCorps Seniors grantee for the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program in Madison and Marion counties. RSVP strives to keep older adults engaged in their community through volunteerism by connecting older adults with opportunities within their community. RSVP can partner with local public agencies and nonprofits to provide benefits to volunteers at these agencies who are 55 and better.
HIRTA has also partnered with Boone County RSVP and the United Way of Central Iowa to provide medical transportation through volunteers in Boone, Dallas, and Warren counties.
Help serve your community and make a positive impact on others by volunteering with us! Volunteer the hours and days you want in your own town. No prior experience is needed as we will train you.
Multiple locations Winterset, IA 50273
July 20, 2022
- Youth Services
- Cooking / Catering
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, dependent on your availability