NHQ:IT - End User Services: Telecom Mobility Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) unit. This opportunity requires participation in in-person activities and/or perform work in a Red Cross facility. The Telecom Mobility team processes hundreds of requests for phone replacements and upgrades each year, resulting in a steady stream of incoming used phones. Obsolete devices are collected and sent to our HQ. It is important that these products are managed so that we can ensure safe and eco-conscious disposal. We also maintain a supply of new and gently used devices to replace damaged devices that are not under manufacturer warranty. At NHQ, phones are received, sorted, and either placed in reserve or sent to our e-cycle partner for disposal. This position can be performed from any location with phone, computer, and internet access.
- Inventory tracking
- Dispose, erase, and factory reset devices as needed
- May be required to ship replacement products to end users or EUS staff .
- Interact with Telecom/Mobility team, vendors
- May be required to train on and utilize various device management programs
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies.
- Record keeping skills
- Excellent communicator
- Self-starter; interested in learning new things
- Knowledge of the various device management programs
- Experience with inventory management
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team and deliver to agreed-upon schedules
- Reliable computer and internet service
- Knowledge of/Experience with iOS and Android operation
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 12, 2022
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Generally, 1 to 3 hours per day, 3 - 4 days per week but must be able to participate in core meetings and communicate/adhere to a dependable schedule. Volunteers must be available on a regular basis during business hours 8am-5pm Eastern M-F.
- Although there may be occasional requests for after-hours or weekend work, volunteers who are only available evenings and weekends would not be an appropriate fit for this position.